Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disable out of office within domain
  •  
Soup

Send a private message to this user
Being in an open plan office containing around 35 people, the users in our organisation generally know when people ar in or out of the office. A lot of people use the 'Out of Office' option within webmail to inform those trying to contact them that they are on holiday etc (which is what you would expect).

So here is my problem, we have an 'everybody<_at_>mydomain" address which is used regularly for passing things around the office, the trouble is it's really annoying when you recieve four or five Out of Office emails everytime you do this. None of the users within our office want to recieve these notifications, but they all want them to go out to external contacts.

Is there any way I can restrict Out of Office autoreplies so that they do not get sent to the local domain?

Many thanks

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
peterj

Well you cant do this with the out of office function.

You could achieve what you want with rules instead.

RULE1 - If from contains mydomain.com THEN stop processing rules
RULE2 - For all messages - Reply with autoreply text...

Not so easy for your users to setup but if they are not very IT savvy you could create the framework and just show them how to toggle on and off.

That's my best theory so far

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 01:17]

•  
Soup

I'd prefer a server based solution if at all possible, but maybe it's just not an option. If I were to use a client side solution then I could just set up delivery rules that delete the Out of Office message upon reciept.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
peterj

Then I think you have a problem as AFAIK this cannot be done globally from the admin.

Surely my method is better...?

ie.

Better to have rules that dont create autoreplies in the first place rather than rules which generate them and then delete them..
Previous Topic: Free/busy in webmail in 6.1?
Next Topic: mail_folder.cpp: Empty folder name (type=5, user=xxx<_at_>mydomain.com)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:45:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.