Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio's support level
  •  
abubin

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are currently a user of Winroute Pro 4. We have unlimited license. We have been using it for 5 years now. Thinking of changing it to Mailserver 6.

But from what I see in this forum, Kerio's support does not reply much. We are not going to pay money if we buy a product and the support level is so low.

So, I need an answer for regulars here. What do you think of the support level provided by Kerio in this forum?
  •  
phil_w

As I have mentioned previously, I have nothing but praise for Kerio Support (I am UK based and a Kerio Reseller).

However, it should be noted that this forum should not be used as the first point of contact when a problem occurs - use the support ticket mechanism and telephone.

I have done many Mailserver installs in many different environments, and when I've needed help (sometimes for a really obscure problem or request) Kerio have always delivered.

Hope this helps.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hello abubin,

Thanks for your interest in Kerio MailServer.

This forum is not for Kerio technical support to help you with issues, it is mainly for other Kerio users to discuss the product and help each other. We are not active here very much because we are busy solving problems for our customers Smile

If you purchase Kerio MailServer, you will have phone and email support. See the 'How to Contact Kerio Support' thread in this forum.

Where are you located? There is most likely a reseller of our products which is local to you, who can provide personal support for you. See our page: http://www.kerio.com/resellers_usa.html

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
dbott

I can also attest to a very good customer support experience with Kerio Tech Support (US). We've been using Kerio for about 16 months and I've had a few obscure problems.

If I'm unable to find a quick answer in the documentation, knowledgebase or here in the forums, I'll place a call to the support desk. I've only had to make about a half-dozen calls --- I honestly don't think that I've ever been on hold for more than a minute or so and I always spoke to a live person --- no voice mails. Their support system works well, if you follow the correct procedure. Mind you, I know there's a 3-hour time difference between California & my location, so maybe I just lucky and call early! :)

Anyhow, as an IT person, you should appreciate the fact that nobody ever calls you to say that everything is OK --- they only call you when they have a problem or need something. Same for this forum --- most people post to ask a question or to occasionally complain (sometimes legitimately) --- very few come here when everything is going great.

Personally, I think that Kerio 6 is a great product for my organization. I don't have a need for MAPI or the Kerio Outlook Connector (which is probably the biggest issue in this forum) --- all of my users (about 120) either use Webmail or IMAP. I also understand the frustration of some of the people who are awaiting some previously promised features/functionality, however, the lack of these currently has little impact on us.

Maybe I can sum up the positive & negative postings in these forums in this way:

If you are looking for a Microsoft Exchange "killer" (that is, a server that can act like Exchange and provide all of the functionality and more to MS Outlook users --- offline caching, etc.), Kerio is not quite there yet. However, if you are looking for an excellent, full-featured mail server that offers webmail, IMAP, POP3, WAP, SMTP and secure versions of those protocols, plus an intuitive, easy-to-use console, great spam filtering then this is THE product to get.

-Dave
  •  
jshaw541

abubin wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 18:49

So, I need an answer for regulars here. What do you think of the support level provided by Kerio in this forum?

As Joshua said, the forums aren't for technical support with Kerio's staff, it's for user-to-user support. Now, Kerio's actual tech support has been outstanding in my experience. Also, as in any other tech support situation, it helps greatly to explain your issue to the support tech in simple and complete terms.

But anyway a big thumbs up to Kerio in our several experiences with them.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
peterj

as long as you don't have problems with the KOC to ask about...

Previous Topic: Autoresponder - Kerio MailServer 6.0.10
Next Topic: Problem with "german Umlaute"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:39:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.