Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF6.1 Login/Auth issue ???
  •  
amuller

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
we upgraded to KWF 6.1. We use also Content Filtering-HTTP policy, URL rules based on user who MUST logon the KWF. This logon/authentication procedure is done on a NT domain with autologin from the(IE6) client. If a user is accessing an internetpage which they are NOT allowed to do so, a re-route is made to a "access denied" info page. This works fine !

The problem :
After installing KWF6.1 ALL USERS get on initial access to the firewall (startup IE6 of auto logout) the DENIED page... refresh or retype the url and it the requested page pop's up; KWF works fine from that point on.... (until IE6 is quit, of the auto-logout from KWF has been initiated).

Checking several screens, I see the user login and authenticate in KWF 6.1 under STATUS HOST/USERS; but also a log entry from the ACCESS DENIED.

Strange things happen here ....

I think there is an issue with KWF 6.1 in relation to authentication.

Anyone else similar issue's?

Alfred
  •  
cdv56

Hi,
I have the same problem with this new version of KWF. A ticket is open on 24 Jun 2005 02:26 PM and i'm waiting an answer.

Claude
  •  
amuller

Hi, claude. Nice to know. I opend also a ticket and informed Kerio UK and a local support company !

So we have an issue here !

Alfred
  •  
amuller

.. don't ask me why : If I assign in the USER-IP ADDRESSES tab a HOST IP ADDRESS or a ADDRESS GROUP, my problem is solved..... 110% there is a big issue in this release on KWF with (automatic) authentication.

Alfred
  •  
cdv56

In my configuration this solution doesn't work and it's impossible for me to assign a HOST IP ADDRESS or a ADDRESS GROUP, i have more then 2000 users !

•  
amuller

2000+ users. I agree, I also have 100+ users, but this test + work-around shows there is an issue in KWF6. If you FORCE a login via a certain route, there is no issue...... I suggest everybody to open a ticket at Kerio to get this issue solved.

It looks as is initial verification from IE6 to KWF fails. I know from my PHP developments there is a diffference in initial login and re-login.... I am sure KWF does something wrong, also becuse this 6.1 release has new (security a-like) features.

Alfred
  •  
feite

Same problem here also (at 2 sites). I have a URL rule for authentication. Prior to version 6.1 a user hit that rule, was authenticated and was allowed access to internet on another rule (for authenticated users). Version 6.1 returns a deny on the authentication rule.
  •  
amuller

Feite, open a ticket to Kerio to notice them also of this same problem in your configuraion.
  •  
feite

Ticket was opened on 24 Jun 2005 08:42 AM.
  •  
cdv56

I receive an answer from the support : this problem is send to the development team.

•  
amuller

Nice to know. I have send some additional info to them aswell. I hope the issue will be solved ASAP.

Ano others with the same issue, please open also a ticket !
  •  
cdv56

There is a new version of KF. I try this verson tomorow mornig.
  •  
cdv56

Sad Always the same problem, this new version does not correct this problem. I open a new ticket today.
  •  
amuller

just downloaded new version; looking into it this morning.

amuller

I opened a new ticket to Kerio. Release 6.1.1. still has the same problem.
Previous Topic: FTP 405 Not Allowed
Next Topic: ? Custom traffic Analyse ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:40:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.