Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » "Allow connection to any TCP port"-pls explain
  •  
The1st

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Can anyone explain what does this setting affect on? It can be found in "HTTP Policy"->"Proxy Server"->"Advanced options" group box, but absent in manual. One boy said it turns using of SOCKS on. Is it really so?

/Vladislav
  •  
The1st

Nobody knows?

/Vladislav
  •  
winkelman

Wouldn't this simply mean exactly what is says? That with this setting enabled, the non-transparent proxy allows connections to any TCP port (instead of just the regular web ports, I assume)?
  •  
The1st

winkelman wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 18:02

Wouldn't this simply mean exactly what is says? That with this setting enabled, the non-transparent proxy allows connections to any TCP port (instead of just the regular web ports, I assume)?

D'you mean not only 3128 but any TCP port from clientTO PROXY? Thanx. I've understood the idea. If it is correct vertion.

/Vladislav
  •  
The1st

The1st wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 03:19

winkelman wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 18:02

D'you mean not only 3128 but any TCP port from client TO PROXY ? Thanx. I've understood the idea. If it is correct vertion.

Wrong idea : any TCP port from client TO PROXY doesn't work. Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 23:10]

/Vladislav
  •  
winkelman

Well, sure, the connection to the proxy server (being KWF) is fixed to port 3128 (default, you could change this). It's the destination port that this setting deals with (if I'm correct).

The KWF proxy only supports HTTP(s) traffic, so that would be destination ports 80 and 443. But some websites run their HTTP(S) services on different ports than these default ports (such as the HTTP web interface of the KWF, running on non-standard port 4080).

I guess that the KWF proxy only allows connections to the default HTTP(S) destination ports 80 and 443, UNLESS you select the option "Allow connection to any TCP port". Then it would also allow HTTP(S) traffic TO different ports.
Previous Topic: Time ranges with ISS OrangeWeb Filter
Next Topic: VPN <=> Outlook Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:39:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.