Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How many AV licenses for KMS?
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
I have seen some Antivirus vendors sites x KMS, the price is in consideration of users not for a mail server! So if I have 100 pc I have to purchase 100 AV licenses for desktop control and 100 AV licenses for Mail Server control?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi giampos,

The licensing for Kerio MailServer is done as a base (20 users) with or without McAfee AV; and addons for more users. If you purchased the McAfee base you should purchase the addon that includes McAfee support.

For example, you have 120 users and want McAfee:

20 user base + McAfee
100 user addon + McAfee

If you have 270 users and do not plan to use McAfee:

20 user base
250 user addon

More details are at: http://www.kerio.com/kms_price.html

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
giampos

I'm referring to other third party antivirus software, proposed in kerio site (AGV, Symantec ,Avast, NOD), In the vendors sites they sell me not 1 license for 1 KMS machine , but x licenses as the number of KMS clients I have! Is this correct?
  •  
peterj

Yes

I use SSE

1 license per mailbox
  •  
BudDurland

We use Sophos AV on everything (servers & desktops). The server where Kerio runs only uses one license. The catch with Sophos is that a license is a license, as long as no more that 10% of your liceses are installed on severs. If your server-to-desktop ratio is higher than that, they use a different licensing/pricing model; I don't know what it is, though.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Error received with every email in my inbox.
Next Topic: Incorrect user statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 13:39:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.