Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rename a user
  •  
fpavon

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

I would like to know if I can rename a user. For example, if I have a user named jjmontero, rename it to jjmontero_1, with no loosing of mails.

Regards
  •  
teco

I don't think there is a way for renaming a email user/account.

But I use the following workaround to do this and I haven't lost any mail doing this:

Create a new user.

Start Webmail from the old user and look at the main folder. You will see the numbers and size of all mails at this accounts.

Look in the Store-Directory for the location of this new user.

look in the Store-Directory for the location of the old user.

Stop Kerio.

copy every mailfolder from the Directory from the old user to the new user Directory. Overwrite everything.

Do NOT copy calendar and the four files on the main User-Directory. You would get problems with Webmail (maybe fixed in later Versions).

Start Kerio.

Test the new user that you have access to everything and go to Webmail. The numbers and size of the Mails must be identical to the old user.

Delete the old user.

I have done it some times and I have never lost any mail.

B/RGDS
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi fpavon,

It's not a current feature of the product. But we have a suggestion filed on it. I added your name onto the list. Thanks for your feedback Smile

Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

Previous Topic: KMS 6.0.10: webmail openFolder error
Next Topic: Out of Office Notifications and Spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:43:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00351 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.