Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail & Firefox: attached MS Office get corrupted...
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
Very strange...

We use KMS (6.0.8) and all is fine.

But when I use Firefox (1.0.4) instead of Internet Explorer (6.0 SP1), I cannot succesfully send MS Office files as attachement. The recipient cannot open the attachment, because the file is corrupted. This ONLY happens with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and ONLY when sending from Firefox.

I haven't got the faintest idea what could be causing this.

Anybody else got the same problem?
  •  
jonbrain

I had this problem reported a number of time from users, but since 6.0.10 I havn't had any reports.

Would recommend upgrading.
  •  
winkelman

I will not upgrade anymore until 6.1 final is out and tested. Had big webmail problems in 6.0.9 and decided then not to upgrade until 6.1.

I will test this issue once I've got 6.1 running.

I would like to use Firefox for everything, but Internet Explorer for the webmail is also fine.

Thanks for the reply.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi winkleman,

You should definately upgrade to 6.0.10.

If you don't want to upgrade, you'll have to live with it, to be blunt. We can't fix bugs if you won't upgrade to newer versions.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
winkelman

Hello Joshua,

I think there is a slight misunderstanding... I fully understand and accept that you cannot fix things if people don't upgrade :-)

I had big problems with 6.0.9 and so I have become a little cautious and adopted a strategy of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Seems sensible :-)

6.0.8 is fully functional for us, so I postponed the upgrades until 6.1 comes out (that has some features I really like). The 'MS Office attachments in Firefox' issue is a very very VERY minor problem for us, so no reason to upgrade for me.

I posted the topic about this, because it seemed a very strange thing to me. (Maybe it is not so strange from a developer viewpoint, but hey :-) I did not even think it was a KMS issue, more a Firefox setting or so...
Previous Topic: Incorrect user statistics
Next Topic: AD Sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:14:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.