Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP Outgoing/Source IP
  •  
note560book

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I got windows dedicated server with 3 IPs:
22.22.22.5 - primary default ip. 22-22-22-5.server.dedicatedprovider.com
22.22.22.6 - domain1.com
22.22.22.7 - domain2.com

The primary IP address bound to the external interface of the Mail Server is always used and mail going to Bulk folder at Yahoo and Junk folder at Hotmail.

I need to bind a specific IP address.
For example: outgoing ip for <_at_>domain1.com mail must be 22.22.22.6 (not default 22.22.22.5).
This is an important issue because many benighted network admins will use reverse lookups on their SMTP servers as a very crude and ineffective method of spam control.

How to do it with kerio mail server?
May be it's possible to configure kerio mail server to send mail to Inbox folder anyway?

ps: could you please suggest any software?

Thank you.
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
I tried, and couldn't find a way to do this. The best solution I could come up with was to:
1. Make the IP address you want Kerio to use the default (most mail will use that IP)
2. Set up PTR records for the other IP addresses. Most mail servers look for a valid PTR. If they do verify them, they verify the domain part of it, not necessarily the entire host name.

Since doing this, I haven't had a single problem with rDNS lookups.

I've also read that adding the other IPs to your MX record with a really high weight (and allowing KMS to listen on all IPs) will help alleviate the problem, but I haven't found a need to try this one yet.

Scott
Previous Topic: keep a copy of all received emails
Next Topic: Problems with kerio 6.0.10
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:17:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00354 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.