Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can't receive mail from mail server behind winroute firewall
  •  
mister_rom

Send a private message to this user
Hi !

I have a strange problem. A mail server behind winroute firewall can't work correctely. The mail server is in lan and firewall in another machine with internet connexion. i have created a rule :

name: Mail service
source: lan (network connected to lan)
dest: internet (network connected to internet)
service: SMTP/IMAP/POP3
action: allow
log: none
translation: translate to default outgoint interface (network connected to internet)
protocol inspector: none

with this one, i can send mail from a client without problem. But, receveing mail is impossible : all messages are stored on isp server (i can see them with a pop3 client). When, i disable the firewall and set mail server with a modem connexion, there is no problem anymore. All incomming and outgoing mails are good.
And when i enable again the firewall, the same problem come : no more incoming mails.
I think i should add another rule to allow it, but i have done without success.

Thanks to answer me.
  •  
mister_rom

Sorry for the disturb : i have resolved the problem !

I created a new rule :
Name : Incoming mails
Source : internet (network card connected to internet)
Destination : any
Service : SMTP/IMAP/POP3
Action : permit
Translation : MAP 192.x.x.x (local ip of mail server)
Protocol insptector : none

With this new rule, incoming mails are now good.

Soon.
Very Happy
  •  
westmclaren

I'm still having the same problem as yours, I followed your step of creating a new rule but I got no luck because I only give it a try.

Our Mail server is not here but it's in the other country. We are using DSL. Same server configuration as yours mister_rom, 2 LAN Cards, one external IP & one Local IP.

Please help me to configure this mail problem, thank you:)

<_at_> mister_rom

Actually, I can't send/recieve emails at all Sad . I just followed all instructions. But the internet connection on the network, it's good. I'm only having a problem with the email.

- I tried to install again WR4.2. Proxy, internet & emails are all working fine

- But when I am trying this new version of WRF 6.10, it gave me a real problem with the email on the network.

TIA:)
  •  
mister_rom

Hi !

In my situation, everything seems to be good. I would tell you to go step by step.

At first, firewall is used only to filter ip data : it means that without firewall, everything goes everywhere (inside and outside network). You should so, at first (before installing or enabling winroute), check your network :
- check if, from pc connected to internet (i.e : with network card connected to dsl connexion), you can make ping (to your mail server for example), you can use your browser.
- configure a client pop3 (like outlook express), always from your pc connected to internet : create a pop3 account with informations of your mail server (like pop3.mailserver.com)
- use your browser to send a mail from a web mail like yahoo, to your pop3 account of your mail server
- use outlook to send a mail to your yahoo account
If everything is good, that means that your connexion is good, your mail server too. It seems to be unuseful, but without this check, you cannot continue.

Now, you have to give internet access to your local network and filtering this.
In my situation, there is a mail server in local network, pop3 clients connect directly to this one and this local mail server connects to an external mail server. So, pop3 clients need'nt to be connected to this external mail server. I juste have to configure, in mail server, a gateway (in IP parameters of network card) to pc directly connected to internet (i have used ip adress of local network card of this computer) : this afford data to go from internal mail server to real server. Then, in kerio, i have to create 2 rules to allow data to go to real mail server (by nat : translation of destination) and come back to internal mail server (always by nat : translation of source destination), without forgeting to disable protocol inspector.
In your own case, i think you juste have to configure pop3 clients of your local network with direct pop3 account (mail.domain.com for example and username and password infos) and also to set gateway parametes (in ip parameters of local network, give adress of local network card of your pc conneted to internet not if network card connected to dsl connexion).
With this configuration, and rules i have given (one for nat of outgoing mail and another one for nat of incoming mail), it should work.

Don't forget to answer me if iit's good, it was for me too a big experience to resolve it.

Bye. Razz
  •  
west_mclaren

<_at_>mister_rom

You're the man !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I got it now working.. all internet transactions

- email
- browsing
- Blocking unnecessary websites
- Messengers
- etc.

Thank you very very much to you Smile

Problem, solved. Very Happy
Previous Topic: No acces Read Mail Hotmail.com
Next Topic: connection limit on 2003 server + winroute 6.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:10:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.