Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Koc 6.1 RC1 - Outlook 2000 Never Closes
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

When my Outlook 2000 clients close Outlook down I get "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook Exits" message box which never disappears.

The KOC's IMAP connections stay connected to KMS indefinitely.

I have to kill outlook.exe process off & only then do the connections disappear from the admin console.

Has anyone seen this problem with KOC 6.1 or any previous versions??

It affects all my OL2000 clients...!
  •  
rhunter

This happens with 6.0.10 also with OL2000/KOC. I hadnt checked the IMAP connections to see if they stay connected.

•  
sedell

I've also seen it happen to Outlook 2000 without the KOC. I don't think this one is a bug with Kerio.

Scott
  •  
peterj

FYI This is a Kerio bug.

(Although it may occur with other versions as well as 6.1 - I don't know)

I re-indexed the affected mailboxes (Doesn't apply to anyone when using OL03) by deleting all .fld files and this cured the problem..

Strange...

This is why I think there should be an admin console option to re-index a user's mailbox - this is a task I have to do frequently.

Also have the .pag files been made redundant in 6.1 - does anybody know as they don't seem to exist anymore.
(If so this is great as they used to grow to incredible sizes!!!)

•  
jameso

peterj wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 14:28

I re-indexed the affected mailboxes (Doesn't apply to anyone when using OL03) by deleting all .fld files and this cured the problem..

Just a FYI - I have 6.1RC1 installed, and I did this, and then Outlook Clients could not log in at all. Web and IMAP logins still worked, but not go with the Outlook Connector.

Fixed by moving the files back, but is there something I missed?

Thanks.
  •  
peterj

Not sure what happened here.

When I did it the first time I ran OL i got an "unable to open information store" but after 1 attempt KMS re-created the files and allowed KOC to connect.

Did you try opening Outlook more than once?
  •  
jameso

Yeh, a few times. Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003. Each time Outlook errors out "not able to open information store" then asks if I want to open the filesystem instead.

But as I said, webmail and IMAP work fine. So I am not sure what is going on with it.

There is one account I did not fix so I can mess with it if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Jim
  •  
peterj

Sorry forgot to mention

I also deleted the "__keriomapi__STORE" folder.

Try this & see if it fixes it.
  •  
jameso

Thanks! That fixed it.
  •  
mfarley

I had to do this procedure on two of our users today. Unfortunately I could not get KMS to reindex subfolders of the main inbox, i.e.:

INBOX (reindexed success)
INBOX/Foo (reindexed failure)
INBOX/Bar (reindexed failure)

Running KMS 6.1.0 and KOC 6.1.0 Patch 1

What a pain..
  •  
jruss

Has this issue ever been resolved / or has anyone here seen this issue?
We installed our Kerio server a month ago and we're in the rollout process of the KOC. We're getting about 60% of our Outlook 2000 users having the intermittent problem of Outlook not closing.
The "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits." screen stays up indefinitely, and the client still holds on to the IMAP session.

I've attempted the solutions suggested in this thread with no luck. I'll also note that we're running the latest version of KMS/KOC (6.4.1 patch 1)

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 18:20]

•  
bfrawley

I am also have things problem. I am running 6.4.1 patch 1. I was thinking it was a workstation problem until reading this post.

I am mainly having this issue with one particular user on one particular PC. The user also uses a second computer in the afternoon that doesn't appear to have the problem. Did the fix in this post take care of your issue on 6.4.1 or did you find another to take care of it?
  •  
jruss

Uncheck "Empty Deleted Items on Exit"

Closes every time
  •  
bfrawley

It is not configured to empty on exit.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bfrawley wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 15:31

I am also have things problem. I am running 6.4.1 patch 1. I was thinking it was a workstation problem until reading this post.

I am mainly having this issue with one particular user on one particular PC. The user also uses a second computer in the afternoon that doesn't appear to have the problem. Did the fix in this post take care of your issue on 6.4.1 or did you find another to take care of it?

Well, if it works on another computer with Outlook 2000 then it does not seems to be a problem on server.
Anyway, with Outlook 2000, there is a simple rule: never connect to the mailbox with any other version of Outlook (XP, 2003, 2007) if you are using Outlook 2000. This is a known Microsoft problem. The only solution is to delete __keriomapi_STORE_ folder in user mailbox which will remove all Outlook-specific settings.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2007 16:12]

Previous Topic: Is it possible to convert an account from an Internal Account to a Active Directory Account?
Next Topic: A second mail server..how?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:39:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00625 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.