Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Other language dictionaries
  •  
sonofcolin

Send a private message to this user
I want to add a russian and german dictionary to the webmail. How do I do it? I only have english or czech at the moment. Using KMS 6.0.10
  •  
sonofcolin

Depends on what your search term is.
Actually found the answer via google, but thanks anyway.
  •  
peterj

Sarcasm now...?

The childish attitude we are seeing from Kerio (Discussed recently in regards to silence over 6.1 release) is becoming more distinct
  •  
sonofcolin

Peterj,

For the first time ever, I agree with you!!
  •  
peterj

lol

& the upcoming doubling of KMS pricing is likely to alienate me completely.

Nowadays I expect to get no response from Kerio
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

peterj wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 13:35

lol

& the upcoming doubling of KMS pricing is likely to alienate me completely.

Nowadays I expect to get no response from Kerio

How is this related to dictionaries?
  •  
peterj

It's related to attitude.

See above posts.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

peterj wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 13:49

It's related to attitude.

See above posts.

Whose attitude?

It used to be a good practice to use search before posting new topic to discussion board. It's an interesting fact that there is a plenty of similar answers in this forum but only this one irritates you.

Please note that:
"Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed."

I'm only human being. I have good and bad days too.
  •  
peterj

I was talking more generally of Kerio's general attitude to their customers.

Some examples:

1) Telling us all that we would have online caching only to change their mind 6months after it was supposed to be released. Kerio will now give no indication even as to whether or not they are even working on offline mode. This is bound to cause suspicions that you are stalling in order to keep customers renewing their subscription..

2) Increasing the price of the product and subscription by up to 100% despite customer dissatisfaction regarding performance & stbility in 6.0.x and lack of promised offline mode. This is made more annoying by the fact that the price of KMS was increased at the release of 6.0.x and many customers have suffered a traumatic year running it.

3) Refusal to provide reference numbers for suggestions in the development DB so that customers have no idea whether they will ever be implemented.

4) Indications of a milestone for fixing particular bugs used to be given out to those customers experiencing them - these are now never given in case they are not met!

5) Subsequent to 1) and 2) the total lack of any communication with end-users and resellers regarding the long-delayed 6.1 and KMS future development direction.

6) Clear lack of sufficient pre-release testing on 6.0.x versions, made obvious by the buggy nature of some of the builds.

7) Kerio seem to be ignoring the results of the two surveys that have recently been run on the KMS forums.

a) Kerio Synchronisation Plugin - This has been roundly critiscised as: Outlook IMAP implementation is awful; there are two folder lists, messages are not deleted in the usual manner; Custom public folders cannot be synched and the KSP seems to have serious bugs that cause duplication of contacts and calendar items..

b) Backup Scheduling - Kerio have limited the options for backup to full backup only and unbelievably limited it to 3 times per week max..! I do not know of a single forum member who thinks this is a good idea & yet having asked for feedback Kerio has apparently completely ignored it, apparently this is a marketing decision??

Over the course of the past year Kerio has shown their lack of respect for their customers and although clearly KMS has great potential I suspect that the latest round of price increases will cause many customers/resellers to move to the now better value SBS2003 despite it's more complex administration.

Kerio seem to think they can put KMS at a similar price point to SBS2003 & compete with Exchange server!
I cannot deny that KMS has a comparable/better feature set but is seriously let down by performance & lack of offline KOC mode.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Wow, that's a pretty long letter.

I think this forum is not the right place for such discussion. Can we continue in private e-mails?
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

It used to be a good practice to use search before posting new topic to discussion board. It's an interesting fact that there is a plenty of similar answers in this forum but only this one irritates you.

Pavel,

I did do a search initially and didn't find what I was looking for. If you do a search for "russian dictionary" you'll see my point and "dictionary" is too broad.

I certainly didn't appreciate your initial response, even if you were having a bad day.
  •  
desquinn

please try to resolve the questions by email, but then publish the responses here. These well put issues are ones that every reseller/admin faces and especially true for those that want to market kerio as an SBS alternative.

I do think the present policy of very limited communication is going in entirely the wrong direction and was a very bad kneejerk reaction. You have lost 10 sales from me because of you attitude and current policies. However I still have faith in the product that will be once you get it together. The thing that annoys me is the product is nearly there..... honesty about product development will go a long way with me (and others I suspect) and if you cant meet a date or a feature is proving to difficult then just let us know.

I dont think this is going ot have any impact since it seems the Marketing folk rather than the Business folk are in control.

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

Hi Pavel.

Haven't got your email address but I seem to remember it is pdobry<_at_>kerio.com

Can you confirm plz..
Previous Topic: Kerio Mail Server 6.0.10 with Postfix 2.0.16 ; mail for [127.0.0.1]:20025 loops back to myself
Next Topic: Kerio & Plesk
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:27:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00769 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.