Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Two WAN with Winroute & load balancing
  •  
germanr

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone tried some multi WAN routers like this along with KWF??
http://www.micronet.info/Products/adsl/SP890.asp

It's a multiwan router. I need two internet connections to be able to sum up bandwidth (in Uruguay the biggest DSL is 512/192 Kbps)and it is not enough for a lot of medium sized networks.

Can one of this routers be used for the load balancing of both DSL and then connect to the KFW box? For what tech support say, one default gateway is a limitation of Windows OS. The solution that KWF provides is a Clustering of Windows servers with loadbalancing and 2 KWF running, which is too expensive.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 16:59]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
winkelman

Doesn't such a load balancing device offer itself to the LAN as 1 gateway and do the load balancing all by itself? Like: from the LAN you only see 1 internet gateway and the gateway itself distributes the load over 2 WAN interfaces?

With such a device your set with just a single KWF... I suppose such devices exist.
  •  
germanr

For the info I read in micronet, yes the lan sees it as only one gateway with one IP and the router makes the load balancing.
Apparently it can't add both WANs (you can't download in one session at 1 Mbit with to Wans of 512) but there can be 2 streams of 512 at the same time.

I want to use the load balancing of one of these routers along with the security and features of KWF.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
winkelman

What you are descibing is called 'line aggregation' (getting one TCP or UDP conection two use both WAN's). This can never be achieved from 'your end' only. You would allways need support from your ISP for this, since on his end he also needs to recombine both data streams.

Load balancing (distributing several connection over several lines) is all you could hope to achieve, I am afraid.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 13:23]

•  
FRiC

As the previous post said, load balancing is ISP independent. In fact, where I live "corporate Internet access" is so incredibly expensive many places are getting one 256K or 512K corporate line, and then one or more "for home use" lines at 1.5 or 4 Mbps and load balance them. The links can be from different ISP's, and you can set rules as to which sites go to which ISP.

To the user (or KWF) it is completely transparent since it's all done on the router.

•  
spock

Hello all,

If a well understand if i want to setup a load balancing
i need to purchase a new license because the setup need 2 WRF box Shocked !

Regards,
-Spock
  •  
winkelman

spock wrote on Tue, 17 June 2008 15:09

If a well understand if i want to setup a load balancing
i need to purchase a new license because the setup need 2 WRF box

Nope, you just need to buy a load balancer...
  •  
spock

•  
germanr

spock wrote on Tue, 17 June 2008 10:50

your link is not working

Smile
Regars,
-Spock

Well, the link is three years old. I have two of the Micronets working with two AdSL and KWF since then.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Just a notice, Kerio is also busy on implementing Link Load Balancing in the next KWF version.

You could try it out see: http://www.kerio.eu/beta_section.html
Previous Topic: Two accounts for one user!
Next Topic: It's too Long for New release !!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:09:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.