Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Web pages contain missing content (pics mainly)
  •  
mastabog

Send a private message to this user
Hello all.
I've installed KWF 5.1.9 and everything works ok except for a *VERY* annoying problem: All the web pages which have a little bit more content in pictures mainly, have some missing pictures (you can see only the placeholders of the pictures).

This happens to me much more on IE, less on Mozilla 1.5/1.6 and very little (almost not at all) on Opera 7.

System specs: XP Pro SP1, all updates, 1Gb ram, 2.4 Ghz
Connecton: ADSL 1248 kbps UL, 160 kbps DL, PPPoA RFC 2364

I've tweaked my TCP/IP settings in the registry to the following values:
TCP receive window: 255552
MaxMTU: 1492
MTU discovery: Yes
Black hole discovery: No
Selective ACKs: Yes
Max dupl. ACKs: 2
TTL: 64
Window scaling: Yes
Timestamps: No

Ok, if everything else is needed and if anyone can help then please post. I honestly loved the features and functionality and would like to buy the product if this is a solvable issue.

Thank you,
Bogdan
  •  
infoz

I had the same problem ...
You must not desactivate the Protocol Inspector for HTTP protocol for the outgoing trafic.

•  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

You could also try lowering the MTU on the client machines to 1300 or so.
  •  
mastabog

First off, I was talking about the firewall machine itself (not only the LAN client machines). The firewall machine itself couldn't display properly the web pages, along with all other LAN machines of course ...

Lowering the MTU of other LAN macines won't help, it would just force encapsulating smaller tcp packets.

I will try enabling the HTTP protocol inspector. Thanks for the tip infoz. Will post the result.

Bogdan
  •  
Anonymous
i switched off the protocol inspector for "http" and finally got my pictures back.

Until now it does not seem to be a higher security risk initiated throu this action
  •  
techkid

Have you made sure you have not got a tick in "Remove advertisement and banners" in HTTP Policy? Rolling Eyes

TK.
  •  
Anonymous

"Remove advertisement" is not active too
  •  
techkid

If that was done then I would take a closer look at your browser first then your network setup before the firewall. I'm not being a smart ass but these are things that sometimetimes many forget about.

I think it would be a small problem but to you at the moment it is a pain not knowing where the fault is, that then becomes a biggy.

TK.
Previous Topic: NAT Timeout???
Next Topic: Trying to route LAN traffic through more than one interface
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:22:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.