Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » annoying bug in VPN client 1.1.0 build 73 - affects explorer address bar
  •  
db999

Send a private message to this user
there is an annoying bug in the latest version of the VPN client (1.1.0 build 73) whenever its is enabled in 'network connections', it messes around with the address bar in explorer so that when you try to directly type in a folder name it will replace what you are typing with the current folder name.

In other words if you are in c:\lotsofstuff and then try typing c:\stuff, if you do not type c:\stuff very quickly it will revert back to c:\lotsofstuff. This problem occurs when kerio VPN is enabled and stops when it is disabled. This has happened on 2 PC's a thinkpad x41 and a dell D400 both running XP pro service pack 2.

-dennis brenner
  •  
winkelman

Are you sure it's the Kerio VPN? I have similar (very annoying!) behaviour on my home computer... allways, also without an active Kerio VPN connection. I grew up in the DOS times, so I like to type in the address to folders/servers/etc. Seems to go faster too than mousing to it Smile

I will uninstall the Kerio VPN tonight, see if that helps (see if it is Kerio VPN related for me).

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 10:28]

•  
db999

It has nothing to do if you have an active VPN connection. For some reason even when the vpn connection is not active it says "KERIO VPN CLIENT - connected" in network connections. If you disable this connection it will immediately fix the problem.

This problem was really annoying before i figured out the cause . . .
  •  
winkelman

Yes, I tested it and you're right. With the Kerio VPN enable you cannot reasonably/succesfully type in addresses in the address bar of Windows Explorer. When you disable the Kerio VPN (just like you disable a network card) it immediately fixes the problem. There is something wrong there!

This mostly occurs (99% of the times) trying to type in server addresses ()starting with double backslashes. For example typing in \\server\c$\ is really impossible. I used to overcome this issue by typing in the address in notepad, and then do a Ctrl-V followed by 'Enter' in the address bar really fast, before this bug had any chance to change what I entered...
  •  
db999

Well, this bug makes the VPN client basically an unusable piece of garbage. Maybe they will acutally fix it!
  •  
winkelman

Well, I wouldn't go so far as saying it is a 'unusable piece of garbage', but it is pretty annoying for sure.

Now I've disabled the Kerio VPN. This gives an error on booting up the PC, but I can just click that error away... When I actually need the VPN, I just enable it and disable it again afterwards. Annoying: yes, very much so! Unusable: well, no...

Let's just say I am glad I don't have any normal users using the VPN...

Note to the developers: I had this behaviour for a LONG time at my home PC, so it is not just limitid to this newest version of the Kerio VPN Client.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 14:42]

•  
db999

can we get a comment from the developers please??????
  •  
winkelman

I made an 'official' bug-report last Friday by mailing it to support(--a t--)kerio.com. When I receive some answer, I'll keep this topic updated...
  •  
winkelman

I got an email back asking for some info (which is all here in this topic and I pointed them towards this topic, but hey... Sad )

I summaraized all that is here and emailed it back.

One question to other users having this issue:
I tested it under Windows 2000 and I do NOT experience this bug there. I only have it in XP systems. Do you have the same?
  •  
db999

All my systems have windows XP on them. I experienced the bug on any system that I installed the client on. I cannot imagine how this has not been picked up by anyone else!
  •  
winkelman

Well, I suppose there are not so much people left who still like to type in stuff instead of using the mouse...

I find it much quicker then the mouse, and it avoids RSI Very Happy
  •  
winkelman

Ok, the bug has been 'officially' confirmed by David Thorne (Technical Support Team, Kerio):

Quote:

Thanks for reporting this problem. We've confirmed it's a bug in the product, and we're tracking it as bug Bug 10790. Our developers are now working to resolve it.

If you would like an update on the status of the bug, you can reply back to this ticket, or send another ticket - please reference the bug number when you do.
  •  
winkelman

What a shame: the bug of this topic (confirmed as bug nr. 10790) is not solved in the new KWF 6.1.2 and VPN Client 1.1.2 Crying or Very Sad

I would more and more like to see a 'known issues' list from Kerio... it would give me a better feeling that they're working on it.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 19:41]

Previous Topic: CiscoVPN Client
Next Topic: Save configuration?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:32:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.