Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.1.0
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.1.0 - July 18, 2005

+ WebMail mini
+ support for MacOS X Tiger (10.4) - !!! MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar) is no longer supported
+ Kerio Synchronization Plug-in for Outlook (synchronization of contacts and calendars in Outlook e-mail profile)
+ contact synchronization with Apple Address Book
+ support for Apple iCal (and other iCal products)
* improved and enhanced anti-spam filtering
+ Sender Policy Framework
+ E-mail size limit for each user
+ restricting user to send/receive e-mail only within his domain
+ ability to use two antiviruses simultaneously (McAfee + one external plugin)
+ HTML editor in new mail composer in WebMail (MS IE, Mozilla, Firefox)
+ new antivirus plug-in for Visnetic (Windows) and NOD32 LMS
+ free/busy dialog in WebMail
+ Web Administration interface (http://server/admin) for domain administration
+ support for PDA in WebMail (http://server/pda)
- many bugfixes in WebMail
* new SpamAssassin 3.0.2

Download link: http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 21:19] by Moderator

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Note: This is the offical release.

As ususal, please submit bug reports and support issues via our webpage at http://support.kerio.com

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
jshaw541

Congrats to Kerio for getting this release out. Thanks for all your hard work, even through some, what I reckon have been, tough times.

Can't wait to give it a shot, my users should be pretty pleased.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 16:59]

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
xavividal

Well done!!

The users love the webmail express, it's really fast!!

The other new features are nice too, specially the HTML format on mails and the read and delivery receipt.

Will be a nice feature if nexts versions have the calendar and tasks in webmail express. The JavaScript functions aren't necessary at all.

Good work!
  •  
peterj

These are my experiences of 6.1 KMS with 6.1 KOC (Final3) so far, hopefully others will share.

Upgrade procedure was fairly uneventful although reboot was required

The issue where McAfee is always enabled after 6.1 install (In RC1 and betas) seems to have been resolved.

Webmail mini is great! and normal webmail seems a bit faster too...

New anti-spam options seem to work very well (Particularly repellent)

A few issues,

If I open a message in webmail express it is not marked as read. This bug only seems to affect some users

When I reply to an email using webmail express it is not flagged as having been replied to when looking at the mailbox in the KOC

The spellchecker seems to break up messages, removes spaces and generally truncates/corrupts the content.

The 'do not deliver before' options in outlook 2003 do not work in 6.1

'Notes' items cannot be sorted by subject - this used to work prior to 6.1 (9520)

The backup jobs can only be scheduled 3 times a week.

There are some issues with the KSP duplicating contacts and appointment items

I have noticed a webmail bug when viewing sent items with the reading pane on the right you cannot see the 'to' field - instead only the 'from' field/column is visible

Can anyone else confirm these issues
IMAP/KOC body searching still does not seem to work

•  
Kerio_jthomas

OK, Peter. Can you help me to reproduce these issues? I will look into them myself and let you know what is going on.

>If I open a message in webmail express it is not marked as read. This bug only seems to affect some users

> When I reply to an email using webmail express it is not flagged as having been replied to when looking at the mailbox in the KOC

> I have noticed a webmail bug when viewing sent items with the reading pane on the right you cannot see the 'to' field - instead only the 'from' field/column is visible

Can you help us by submitting a bug report to support<_at_>kerio.com? These things will help us:

* Browser being used
* OS being used
* Steps to reproduce

A few of these we already know about:

> The spellchecker seems to break up messages, removes spaces and generally truncates/corrupts the content.

This is a known bug; it's only true for HTML mail. Plain-text mail is not affected.

> 'Notes' items cannot be sorted by subject

I'm sorry, but at this time we do not support Notes folders. If it works (or previously worked), it's a happy accident. Maybe we will implement this in a later version. I don't know.

> The backup jobs can only be scheduled 3 times a week.

Yes. This was also true in the beta and RC versions. You'll hear more about this in the next week or so, stay tuned.

> There are some issues with the KSP duplicating contacts and appointment items

I believe this is a known bug that is being worked on.

> IMAP/KOC body searching still does not seem to work

This is not supported at the moment for speed concerns. We need local caching (the KOC offline mode) to make this work at reasonable speed; if we enable it now, it will be _really slow_. It will also slow the mailserver engine down.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
winkelman

I can confirm the bug in webmail that when you have the preview pane on the right and go to the 'Sent items' folder is shows the 'from' instead of the 'to' address.

I also have a very strange sorting in the Contacts folders in 'address card' view mode. It used to sort on the 'File as' field, which is the proper choice, but now it sorts on the last name, but not always. I can't find any logic in the sorting. Can anybody else confirm this?

And, if you are in 7-day or month view, select a day and then go to another view, you are set back one day (someone else also mentioned this).

I also have a strange issue that the name checking (automatic looking up of addresses in Contacts folders from mail address fields) fales one some people. Someone IS in the Public Contacts folders, but some search terms won't 'find' him (i.e. first name will, last name won't). Ever weirder, this person CAN be found with the last name from Webmail Express.

And: it used to be possible (in webmail) to drag and drop appointments to another day in week or month view of the Calendar, but now you can't anymore. This was very handy. (The move function only allows you to move an appointment to another folder, not another date.)

Joshua, you say:
> This is not supported at the moment for speed concerns. We need local caching (the KOC offline mode) to make this work at reasonable speed; if we enable it now, it will be _really slow_. It will also slow the mailserver engine down.
I guess this means that body searching will never be possible in Webmail (no such thing as local caching there)? Ow no! This is the ONE thing I still miss in KMS. It would be SUCH a shame if this would never be possible :-(

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 14:00]

•  
The1st

Hi,

It seems there is some strange behavior of folder refresh in full-web interface:

- if you delete all messages on the last page of any folder you'll see prompt "no messages in folder" (but you can see the correct number of pages on toolbar). You need to re-read folder to refresh page's frame.

- the pop-up menu's item "expunge folder" (on folder's tree)affects on the current "page" of folder but not as it sounds. Only item "delete all" does delete all messages in folder.(may be here's confusion of folder<->page conception?)

/Vladislav
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

> When I reply to an email using webmail express it is not flagged as having been replied to when looking at the mailbox in the KOC

> I have noticed a webmail bug when viewing sent items with the reading pane on the right you cannot see the 'to' field - instead only the 'from' field/column is visible

We've confirmed and filed bugs for both these issues.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

> And, if you are in 7-day or month view, select a day and then go to another view, you are set back one day (someone else also mentioned this).

I can't confirm this. Can you tell me what OS you are running KMS on, and what OS and browser you are using for WebMail?

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

> And: it used to be possible (in webmail) to drag and drop appointments to another day in week or month view of the Calendar, but now you can't anymore. This was very handy. (The move function only allows you to move an appointment to another folder, not another date.)

Confirmed. Bug filed.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
sedell

Tasks in webmail with recurrence don't spawn a new task when the task is completed. It doesn't turn off the reminder, so you keep getting pop-ups about the completed task. Hours overdue is based on midnight instead of the time the reminder is set to go off.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

> The 'do not deliver before' options in outlook 2003 do not work in 6.1

Confirmed, filed a bug.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

> I also have a very strange sorting in the Contacts folders in 'address card' view mode. It used to sort on the 'File as' field, which is the proper choice, but now it sorts on the last name, but not always. I can't find any logic in the sorting. Can anybody else confirm this?

I can't confirm this under Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. It works correctly for me.

Are your sorting options set to 'File As'? To change them, right-click on the Contact window and choose Sort.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Kerio_jthomas

> Tasks in webmail with recurrence don't spawn a new task when the task is completed. It doesn't turn off the reminder, so you keep getting pop-ups about the completed task. Hours overdue is based on midnight instead of the time the reminder is set to go off.

Confirmed, bug filed.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Previous Topic: Entourage 2004 Duplicate and Corrupted Contacts
Next Topic: how to chk whether my mails are scanned or not
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:27:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.