Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.1 Issues and Comments
  •  
keywerks

Send a private message to this user
I will try it. Thanks :-)

PHPStar - the missing gear in your web engine
Visit http://phpstar.keywerks.de
  •  
keywerks

Upgrading the 6.1.0-RC1s admin console works.

PHPStar - the missing gear in your web engine
Visit http://phpstar.keywerks.de
  •  
j.turley

When I move between the web calendar day, week and month views it always seems highlight the previous day after clicking on the "Today" button.

Has anybody else seen this?

Jason...
  •  
peterj

Is this a fair summary?

webmail is much better but KOC is still lacking...

PS.
Also like some of new anti-spam options...

•  
gmsmith

So what is the consensus? Is it safe to upgrade production environments?
  •  
awj4

guig wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 13:18

desquinn wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 12:01

• Cannot access Web Admin. Webmail is running on non standard port (87 and 447), tried both and it just gave a 404. It is enabled in the Admin console

Hi,

Same problem ...
There's an "issue" : if you want to use web admin, you have to add port 80 in HTTP service under admin console.
But in this case, web admin is only available on your LAN ... unable to use it on WAN except if you have a VPN or opening the "80" on your firewall!
i suppose that web admin works if we "nat" port 80 to our HTTP's special port on firewall but what about security or other application that already use it ? :-( ...
I submit a ticket this morning to support ...

Wait and see ;-)

Guig

I´m running webmail on port 81.

PDA and webadmin is not working, but if I type

http://localhost:81/admin/login.php

everything seems ok.
  •  
desquinn

works here as well so it looks like a messed up DirectoryIndex directive in the apache config file

Des Quinn
  •  
guig

Our version is running under Windows, so is there a file to edit ?

[EDIT]
i found the issue :
i think there's a problem with the "index.php" file located in x:\Kerio\MailServer\webmail\
I removed it and everything's ok ...

Now, if i want to acces to webmail, i have to specify the entire path http://ip_server:port\default\login.php.
Same thing if i want to access Wb admin : http://ip_server:port\admin\login.php.
Thus, i can use another port than 80.

a bit curious ...

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 11:03]

•  
pwhodges

My upgrade from 6.1RC to 6.1 final (Windows) has been uneventful. My logo is still there; I can use webmail and the web admin on a port other than 80 and without fiddling with any files.

Functionally nothing much has changed, so still no body search and still the crazy backup options.

Paul
  •  
j.turley

My thoughts exactly!

I am keen to move to webmail for my users but not having the ability to search email bodies is a killer fro me!!! Surely this is a basic feature of any decent email server...
  •  
winkelman

My update from 6.0.8 to 6.1.0 was, well, not smooth but not too bad.

I got some strange connection problems from webmail which reminded me a lot of my failed upgrade to 6.0.9. I stopped the server, changed the 'UseGzip' and 'UseChunked' values in 'mailserver.cfg' to '0' as mentioned during the troublesome times of 6.0.9 and now it seems better.

Also the upgrade turned on the option to use the intergrated McAfee anti-virus, which I do not have a license for. Turned it off again.

Good things:
  • I love the rich text editor
  • handy previous/next message button in reader
  • nice extra options in new messages (receipts, etc.)
  • faster message list with 'next page' item (gimme more messages in the list! ;-)
  • usefull new user options (email size, limit mail to own domain)
  • etc. etc.
  • really, etc. etc. a lot of good things from my perspective :-)
A very nice release! Congratulations!

But, also some bugs :-(
  • spell checker in HTML mail screws up your message (opened different topic, Kerio knows of the problem and is actively working on it)
  • the sorting of the contacts in 'address card' mode is very strange. It used to sort the cards based on the 'display name', which seems to be the logical choice there. But now it seems to sort on the last name, but not allways, and not consistently. Strange indeed and not very handy. I can't see a pattern... (Can somebody confirm this behaviour?)
  • in 'Sent Items' folder with the preview pane configured to appear on the right (which I like!), you get to see the 'From' adresses instead of the 'To' addresses. This is not very informative, since you yourself sent all the messages. (This works correctly when you have the preview pane at the bottom.)
  • if you are in 7-day or month view, select a day and then go to another view, you are set back one day (someone else already mentioned this, I can confirm this)
  • we have a guy here called 'Choy Man' and he is in the Public Contacts. The automatic address check fails when you enter 'man' in an email address field. It succeeds on 'choy', so the address is there allright. Looking for 'man' used to work fine in 6.0.8... What is strange is that the correct address is found by the search button in the Webmail Express. But the Webmail Express only looks for contacts in your own Contacts folder and in the Public Contacts, while I have also specified (in normal Webmail) that a departmental Contacts folder should be searched...
Will post more problems if I find them...

Besides these bugs fixed, the ONE (1) thing I can think of that is still missing is full message body search. No bugs and body search and I would be one happy camper!

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 22:52]

•  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

winkelman wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 19:32

A very nice release! Congratulations!

Thank you :-)

Quote:

faster message list with 'next page' item (gimme more messages in the list! ;-)

You can set up to 200 in Settings -> Number of displayed messages. Is that enough?

Quote:

• spell checker in HTML mail screws up your message
  • in 'Sent Items' folder with the preview pane configured to appear on the right (which I like!), you get to see the 'From' adresses instead of the 'To' addresses.
  • if you are in 7-day or month view, select a day and then go to another view, you are set back one day

We are currently working on these.

Quote:

• the sorting of the contacts in 'address card' mode is very strange.
  • we have a guy here called 'Choy Man' and he is in the Public Contacts. The automatic address check fails when you enter 'man' in an email address field. It succeeds on 'choy', so the address is there allright.

And we'll take a look at these :-) Thanks for reporting.

Quote:

The ONE (1) thing I can think of that is still missing is full message body search.

This is a known issue, but I don't have information if or when it will be available.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
winkelman

pdousa wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 14:21

Quote:

faster message list with 'next page' item (gimme more messages in the list! ;-)

You can set up to 200 in Settings -> Number of displayed messages. Is that enough?

Excellent! I put it at 50, which is a nice figure for my email use and doesn't slow down the page loading too much.
  •  
Wilco

Quote:

the sorting of the contacts in 'address card' mode is very strange. It used to sort the cards based on the 'display name', which seems to be the logical choice there. But now it seems to sort on the last name, but not allways, and not consistently. Strange indeed and not very handy. I can't see a pattern... (Can somebody confirm this behaviour?)

I can confirm this very annoying bug when I'm using Webmail (IE 6, Windows XP sp2)
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Wilco

Kerio Connect 9.2.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (dutch)
Previous Topic: Why is there no buglist?
Next Topic: Synchronisation Plug-in : Http response 404, Object not found
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:43:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00530 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.