Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird Contacts Sidebar extension
  •  
ebatte

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know what ldap query string might work with this t-bird extension to automatically populate the address book?

http://jpeters.no-ip.com/extensions/index.php

Thanks,
Eric
  •  
nickrooster

Wow! That is realllly close to what I was going to write for Thunderbird - now if it only worked for our purposes! ;-)
The reason it does not work is because of an issue with KMSs LDAP server.
The only query that will return something is the regexp for the beginning of a contact name e.g. ^string to search for.*

but the way that Thunderbird queries by default is *string to search for.*

So this contact sidebar extension is a neat idea, but no matter what you set your prefix to, (we'll use ^ as an example), it show up on the log like *.^string to search for.* which returns nothing. And that prefix that you put in would only return all contacts for the ldap server, not fix regular queries. Acquiring all contacts from the KMS LDAP server will not work until * searches work.

I do not believe there is a way for this to work, currently. Sorry :-(
  •  
ebatte

Actually, I sent the same question to the developer of this extension. One of the things he asked me was if the query worked when using the Contacts Sidebar in a Compose new message window. It does! So, something is different about the way his query is coded between the two parts of this extension...it doesn't work in the main TB window but it DOES work in a new message window.

I'll forward your response to him and see if that helps him.

Thanks.
Eric
Previous Topic: Can't Install Outlook Connector
Next Topic: POP3 download and other ports
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:12:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.