Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple Domains and Public IPs
  •  
jcasarez

Send a private message to this user
I hope someone here can provide some asisstance.

Our company hosts e-mail for our clients on an old Cobalt box and it is on its last legs.
I ran across the Ad for KMS in MacWorld and checked out the site. Looks promising since I have this G5 server sitting around. Why not try it out?

I have a Mac G5 server running Tiger 10.4.2.
I installed the trial of KMS.
We host the DNS for our clients as well as our own.
I create my primary domain and also create two other test domains (domain1.net and domain2.com) and also create some users for both.

Using either MS Outlook Express or Mac's Mail client, I can send/receive using the public IP of the KMS box. I can also Telnet on port 25 and get the ESMTP banner as a response.

What I am hoping this KMS box will do is host the e-mail for our clients who are outside our network. I can go into the DNS manager and assign public IPs for the two test domains but where in the KMS Manager do I go to setup the KMS to listen for SMTP/POP traffic for those public IPs?

For example:
The Mac KMS' NIC is configured with a static public IP address of : xxx.xxx.xxx.121
Domain1.net is configured in our DNS manager with a public address of .130
Domain2.com is configured in our DNS manager witha public address of .131
Both domains have MX and A Records with a reverse pointer setup for thoses IP's.

I want to be able to ping/telnet mail.domain1.net and mail.domain2.com. How does the KMS respond to the requests when its own public IP is different from those 2 other domains?

Any asisstance would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
  •  
pwhodges

Send a private message to this user
Well, you would need to add the ...130 and ...131 addresses to the NIC for traffic to be routed to them. But actually there would be no benefit, as the Kerio mailserver just listens on all addresses the same. So define the MX records for all the domains to point at ...121, and choose a reverse DNS entry that will offend no one.

Paul
Previous Topic: How can I block a specified email
Next Topic: Which backup strategy is better?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 16:01:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.