Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KSP syncs distribution lists as empty contacts
  •  
mitch

Send a private message to this user
Does synchronizing Distribution Lists with KSP 6.1 final work for anybody?

When my users sync, distribution lists remain intact on the original sync computer, but show up as an empty contact with the same name as the distribution list in WebMail and on all other synched computers. Then, if they delete the empty contact and re sync, it removes the correct distribution list from the original computer.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 16:43]

•  
Wilco

I have almost the same problem. That is after synchronize with KSP from Outlook 2003 to KMS 6.1.3 a Distrubution List with a lot of contactpersons-mailadresses will become empty!

How can I prevent such a problem?

Wilco

Kerio Connect 9.2.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (dutch)
  •  
mitch

Until Kerio adds distribution list functionality and syncronization to their webmail/KSP products, there are only poor work arounds.

We work around the issue by telling users to create a seperate contact folder in Outlook (that is not syncronized) and then store the distribution lists in that folder. Not great, but it prevents the distributions lists from being wiped out.

Of course, this means that they must maintain the same distribution list on multiple computers without any way to syncronize them and you can not see the distribution lists in webmail.

To make matters worse, you can not even export the distribution list from Outlook on one computer and import them into Outlook on another if the contacts in the distribution list are "linked" to contact records (ie. they are not just an name/email entry in the distribution list), which is the most common case. So, the user must manually rebuild the entire distribution list of names/email addresses to create the distribution on two computers.

Another work around is to avoid distribution lists all together and create contacts that have many comma seperated email addresses. This works, but is a bit of a hack and quickly becomes unmanagable after more than a few addresses are added.
  •  
Wilco

I cannot understand that a softwarehouse like Kerio doesn't have a feature for making a distributionlist. And especially not a tool to import them from Outlook.

•  
Wilco

I cannot understand that a softwarehouse like Kerio doesn't have a feature for making a distributionlist. And especially not a tool to import them from Outlook.

•  
winkelman

Another way of creating a distribution list of sorts is to use normal contacts for them. Just put multiple email adresses seperated by comma's in the email field. Cumbersome to 'maintain', but it works.

I and my users see the lack of proper distribution lists (and searching for appointments) as one (two) of the biggest shortcommings of an otherwise perfectly fine product.
Previous Topic: Error during registration : Illegal or empty value in field (state)
Next Topic: Messages hanging in Outlook 2003 outbox
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:49:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.