Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Incoming NAT Stops after about 20 hours
  •  
sigma3

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am using KWF 5.1.9 to aggregate and load balance my ISP connectivity by providing a common gateway for all servers and PCs. I then control how connections route based on protocol.

Everything works fine till about 20 hours after boot up, then all incoming connections seem to die. I have tried restarting the KWF service but only a reboot helps.

Would swapping from W2K Pro to XP Pro help? KWF is a great product and I really want to use it for my company. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Jason

============================================================ ===

Connectivity:-
1. A 384K Leased Line (StaticIP) with 25 IP addresses loaded
2. A 512K ADSL Line (Static IP) with 12 IP addresses loaded
3. A 1500K Cable Modem Line (Dynamic IP) with 1 IP address loaded

Only TCP/IP is bound to all NICs. MS Network Client and File & Print sharing are unchecked.

Services behind KWF:-
1. FTP
2. HTTP
3. DNS (Primary & Secondary zones)
4. SMTP
5. POP3

Hardware:-
P4 2.0Ghz
512MB RAM
Mirrored 8.4GB HDD
1 x D-Link 538TX 10/100 NIC for LAN conenctions.
1 x D-Link 570TX Quad 10/100 NIC for WAN connections.
1 x Promise FastTrak66 IDE RAID 1 Card

Software:-
1. Windows 2000 SP4 Pro with all the latest patches.
2. KWF 5.1.9
3. DynDNS Updater for the Dynamic IP Updater for the cable connection.
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Are there any messages in the error log in C:\Program Files\Kerio\WinRoute Firewall\Logs??
  •  
sigma3

Thanks for the quick reply.

No error messages but I just managed to figure it out.

When my routers reboot at 04.30am, the NICs which are connected directly to the routers disconnect and routing gets confused even when the routers come up.

I have resolved this by using a registry key to disable TCP/IP DHCP Media Sensing. (This will work with static IPs as well.)

Use Registry Editor to view the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\P arameters

Add the following registry value:
Value Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data Type: REG_DWORD -Boolean
Value Data Range: 0, 1 (False, True) Default: 0 (False)

Description: This parameter controls DHCP Media Sense behavior. If you set this value data to 1, DHCP, and even non-DHCP, clients ignore Media Sense events from the interface. By default, Media Sense events trigger the DHCP client to take an action, such as attempting to obtain a lease (when a connect event occurs), or invalidating the interface and routes (when a disconnect event occurs).

More info at:-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://suppor t.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/24.asp&NoW ebContent=1
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Thanks for the information and the link to Microsoft's KB.
Previous Topic: Problems with opening 135-139 for allowed clients.
Next Topic: WinRoute 5.1.8 AUTHENTICATION PAGE
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:03:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.