Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » html mails shown as plain text in webmail (6.1)
  •  
santo

Send a private message to this user
When opening an html email in the webmail interface, the message is displayed in plain text instead of html.
(i.e. no layout, no pictures, etc. Just plain text)

When I open the same message in outlook (outlook 2003 SP1 with kerio outlook connector), the message is displayed correctly.

In "User Settings - Mail", both options
- "display image attachments inline"
- "display images from other websites"
are selected.

Is this a known issue and when will it be fixed ?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What WebMail do you use? Full-featured or simplified one?
In what browser?
Does the e-mail really have text/plain and text/html parts?
  •  
santo

I'm using the full-featured webmail (also tested with the simplified one, but with the same results)

The browser I'm using is IE v6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Not sure if the e-mail has text/plain and text/html parts, but I never had this problem with e-mails from the same source with previous versions of kerio webmail (and also no problems with some other webmail solutions).

Also note that it's not a problem with one particular email, but with all html mails.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 18:52]

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Santo - please do this:

In WebMail, note the date and time of an email that has this problem. Move it to your Inbox folder if it's in some subfolder.

On your mailserver, go to: C:\Program Files\Kerio\Mailserver\store\mail\[domain]\[user]\Inbox. Where [domain] is your domain and [user] is your username.

In that folder, you will see a #msgs folder, go into it. Inside, you will see .eml files. Find the .eml file with the same date and time as the email you see in WebMail. This is the source .eml file.

Put this email in some compression - like .zip or .gz or .rar.

Finally, go to http://support.kerio.com and enter a new ticket, describe your problem - use subject like "html mails shown as plain text in webmail (6.1)". Attach the compressed .eml file. Then submit the ticket.

If you do this we can back to you sooner.

Thanks,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
santo

•  
richiemarshall

I've been having exactly the same problem, with both 6.0.10 and 6.1. I see the problem with all HTML e-mails, using ie, firefox and safari. I have logged the problem with support in the UK, and believe they have escalated (as I was sent a bit of a Random message from someone else). As yet I've not heard of a fix.

Rgds,

Rich
  •  
santo

Thanks for the feedback richiemarshall.

I don't experience any problems related to html mails with v6.0.10 however.
It's correctly displaying html mails for me, although there are some other issues, such as single quotes which are displayed as "" instead of "'"

I opened a support ticket earlier today and hopefully they will come with a solution for it.
Previous Topic: socklib.cpp: Cannot initialize network connection, getsockname() failed: (54)
Next Topic: Calendar Headers...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:39:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.