Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » socklib.cpp: Cannot initialize network connection, getsockname() failed: (54)
  •  
Soup

Send a private message to this user
Some of my users are still not able to connect to the server from home since the 6.1 update. I keep seeing the following in the error logs...

socklib.cpp: Cannot initialize network connection, getsockname() failed: (54)

Anyone seeing anything similar or have any idea what might be causing it?

thanks

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Soup

Just spotted that these errors go further back than the 6.1 update so they are probably not related to the failed connection issue.

I'm still really keen to solve the problem though.

Paul.

1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

In what way can they not connect? WebMail? Outlook?

That error indicates an inability to connect with the remote host for some unknown reason.

What log do you see this in?

If you go to the debug log and turn on the relevant logging (HTTP server session or IMAP server session or SMTP server session), then have a user with problems try again, this may provide useful information.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
Soup

Hi, sorry for the lack of info - as you can imagine this is making my days a bit stressfull at the moment :)

Users cannot access their accounts using webmail, but only from outside of our office. I know you'd think firewall, but it's definately not a firewall issue according to the firewall logs the users are getting straight through to the mail server.

The users manage to get to the login screen, but after they enter their details they get a similar login screen but with login failure displayed.

I'm not sure if it's related or not but I've just noticed that the mailserver itself (OSX) has the following in it's Watchdog event logs...

2005-07-25 13:34:06 BST Reaped child process 23325 ("/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/watchkms"); quit with exit status 0.
2005-07-25 13:34:06 BST Started child "/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/watchkms" as pid 23654.

This is repeated over and over again every four minutes or so.

Everything was working fine before the 6.1 update for these external users and I have made no other configuration changes to either the firewall or the mailserver.

regards

Paul.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2005 14:50]

1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
Previous Topic: Remote administration
Next Topic: html mails shown as plain text in webmail (6.1)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:01:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.