Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Modest request: rich text formatting everywhere and image insertions in messages
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
"Give me a finger and I will take the whole hand..." :-)

I am very pleased we are now able to sent formatted (HTML) mail since 6.1.

Helas, you do not get rich text editing features in the email signature. But if you know HTML you can even make your signature formated by explicitly using HTML tags in the signature. Magicly (well...), the tags are even removed if you swith to 'plain text' mode in some messages through the (also new in 6.1 and excelent) 'Options' button when creating new messages. So this is all great!

However, the same trick does not work on the 'global' mail footer as specified at the Domain options. There special characters, like the '<' and '>' (used in HTML tags), are replaced by there codes '&lt;' and '&gt;' (for reasons I can imagine). So in the resulting email messages you really see the HTML tags themselves, instead of them being interpreted as formatting instructions. So: there's no way to get the domain footer formatted.

Point of the whole story: it would be nice if the rich text editing capabilities were extended to also cover the user signatures and domain footer.

And while on the subject of formatted emails: it would also be very very nice if you could insert pictures into your email. Not just as attachements, but really into the message (like you for example can from Outlook). At best, you can now insert links to images on a web server using the explicit HTML tags for this, but most email clients (including Kerio Webmail) by default do not show images from external sources in mail messages (and that's a good thing too). Would be great to embed the images into the messages themselves.

(I just wanted to point the developers into these directions :-)
  •  
Dr.Bob

Send a private message to this user
Yes please! I second this request for HTML support in domain footers :-) Would really love to have it, and I know many of my clients too.
Previous Topic: mailing list subscribers?
Next Topic: Other email clients able to access public/contacts?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:00:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00360 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.