Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems sending email to Yahoo.com server
  •  
sfait

Send a private message to this user
When I try to send an email to an address in the yahoo.com domain the message never leaves the server and the following error appears in the Message Queue windows:

Status 4.4.3 DNS lookup failed

The message persists and then fails to send. I can ping successfully the domains yahoo.com and mx.yahoo.com.

I'd appreciate any comments that can help me fix this situation.

Thanks.
  •  
richiemarshall

Is this still causing a problem?

If so, can you send to other domains?

mx.yahoo.com is not their mail exchanger (from what I can see), so this doesn't really help.
you need to be able to contact one of the following: mx1.mail.yahoo.com, etc upto mx4.mail.yahoo.com.

Try and open a telnet session to one of those addresses on port 25,
or even see if you can ping these addresses. If you can't do this, perhaps there is an issue with your dns server/firewall/ISP/server config...?
  •  
sfait

Problem fixed.

I configured the SMTP to work with a relay agent from my hosting provider, and now it works. I guess my IP was blocked from yahoo or something like that, since it is dynamic maybe it was marked as spam sender (it gave a spamhaus error).

Thanks.
  •  
peterj

AOL also block from IP's on DUL lists. We had to get our category changed at RIPE to send direct to MX.

Glad you fixed it...
Previous Topic: pure virtual function - outlook XP
Next Topic: KOC locks up deleting messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:35:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.