Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS/KOC 6.1.0 patch 1 - updated - fixes "Pure Virtual Function" error
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Send a private message to this user
WARNING: !!! Do not apply this patch if you do not encouter the issues listed below. !!!

Link: http://www.kerio.com/prerelease/patches/KMS/6.1.0_patch1
Username: kmspatch
Password: kmspatch

Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 patch 1
-------------------------------

This release is fixing following bugs:
7672 - multiple names in Open Directory (multi-valued attribute)
9475 - KOC returns error in emails with too many addresses (affects also migration from Exchange)
10578 - KSP does not work with alternate ports

Installation:
Download proper package depending on your platform. Backup existing mailserver binaries (mailserver, mailserver.exe). Unpack the archive and replace files.

Kerio Outlook Connector 6.1.0 patch 1
-------------------------------------

This release is fixing following bugs:
7419 - Detect and set Default Delivery Location in Outlook
9865 - Encrypted messages sent from Mac Mail have blank body in Outlook+KOC
9990 - Char "_" is removed from attachment name
10192 - KOC adds postfix "1" to subfolder name when you move it to parent folder
10368 - Modified occurence of recurrent whole-day event disappears after edit
10400 - "Pure function call" error when sending a message
10533 - Outlook crashes when network connection is lost

Installation:
Download KOC installation package (kerio-mapi-*.exe) and install on clients.
To install KOC patch automatically on all clients, download koc-*-autoupdate.tar.gz archive and extract the files to the mailserver/webmail/download directory.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 19:43]

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
Soup

Thanks.

As much as I don't like installing beta files on a production server I have installed these on our apple mailserver / KOC clients (via autoupdater) and will report any problems / problems fixed that we encounter.

regards

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

So? No news is good news?

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Soup

We have to sleep sometime you know!

05:36 am now - I'll let you know in around 3 hrs time if the phone starts ringing when everyone gets to work.

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
sophos9

LMAO <_at_> Soup...

Get the caffine ready!! :D
  •  
winkelman

Does the KOC 6.1.0 patch 1 require the KMS 6.1.0 patch 1?

I do have the "pure virtual function" error, but I do not have the three bugs listed at the server patch fix list.

So, can you patch the KOC without patching the KMS, or is it wiser to patch both?
  •  
sedell

Now my Outlook 2000 users are getting frequent and seemingly random error messages that Outlook is not able to load free/busy data. They're not even accessing the calendar or any of the scheduling functions. We didn't have this problem before.

Scott
  •  
sedell

Is it possible to completely disable the free/busy data in Outlook 2000? It never worked anyhow, and having it disabled is better than getting a pop-up every 2-3 times an hour about it not working.

Scott
  •  
sedell

Here's a good one. I'm getting on 3 machines so far a loss of function where messages won't display in the preview pane. Any attempt to open messages reults in "Can't open this item. 0x0004005: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED"

Scott
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

winkelman wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 03:38

Does the KOC 6.1.0 patch 1 require the KMS 6.1.0 patch 1?

I do have the "pure virtual function" error, but I do not have the three bugs listed at the server patch fix list.

So, can you patch the KOC without patching the KMS, or is it wiser to patch both?

You can apply the KOC patch independently of the KMS patch.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

sedell wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 06:42

Here's a good one. I'm getting on 3 machines so far a loss of function where messages won't display in the preview pane. Any attempt to open messages reults in "Can't open this item. 0x0004005: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED"

Do you have KOC debugging turned on? (see: http://support.kerio.com/kb/261)

If you can turn that on, get that message to happen, and send the log, I'll make sure this gets looked at.

Thanks,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
sedell

No, I don't have debugging turned on. The only way I can keep these people working is to uninstall the patch once this happens and go back to the 6.1.0 T3.0.

I'm up to 6 machines now having this problem.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

sedell wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 08:26

No, I don't have debugging turned on. The only way I can keep these people working is to uninstall the patch once this happens and go back to the 6.1.0 T3.0.

I'm up to 6 machines now having this problem.

Can you take *1* machine and turn logging on just until this happens? The logfile up until that time is fine. You can resinstall older KOC then if you want.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
sedell

The problem is I don't know which machines it's going to happen on... and it's a periodic problem, it doesn't happen all the time. Once it happens, Outlook stops responding won't exit. The only way to get it working again is to kill the processes manually. By the time I get to the user to fix the problem, they're already pissed off and screaming.

This problem, like the virtual function call error, didn't happen on any test machines. If I can enable debugging on a user machine I will, but between this and the free/busy errors constantly, I'm dealing with an angry mob.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 17:49]

Scott
peterj

Sedell,

There is a Post-SP3 hotfix for Outlook which adds a checkbox to disable the messages re free/busy connection problems.

See this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816942

If you want to avoid contacting PSS for the fix give me your email address & I'll send it over

I have installed this on the clients that were giving me errors.
Previous Topic: Using of asterics "*" in Kerio
Next Topic: Setting mail to expire
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:35:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.