Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Enable NTLM authentication method. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP please
  •  
Josue

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Please anyone can help me on how to enable NTLM authentication method ? :(

This is my configuration :

Kerio 6.1 on Xserv MacOS X 10.4

Active Directory on MS Win

Everything is OK. My Xserv is in my AD forest, DNS (under Linux) is ok. Everything's ok.

BUT...

When I try to configure the client (ms outlook with outlook connector), it's impossible for me to connect to the server : NTLM authentication failed.

When I check in the security option on my mail server, I have 4 authentication methods available : Plaintext, MD5, ... But no NTLM.

How to enable it ?

Please help me and thank you for all.

bye
  •  
Josue

Please noone can help me ?

Where can I find some information ???

It's emergency.

Thanks.
  •  
bperkins

I am on 6.0.10 release (not 6.1.0 yet). It is under Configuration/Advanced Options/Security Policy and it is a checkbox near the bottom of the screen.

They may have moved it in 6.1, but I doubt it.

Hope this helps,
BP
  •  
Josue

Thank you for your reply.

I did check it, but nothing. There is no more ntlm checkbox on the 6.1

Think there is no issue.

:(
  •  
jshaw541

Josue wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 13:21

Thank you for your reply.

I did check it, but nothing. There is no more ntlm checkbox on the 6.1

Think there is no issue.

:(

I asked someone from Kerio what this NTLM option did exactly. And they didn't know, so they asked someone else at Kerio and THEY didn't know. What does/did it do, exactly?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sedell

It uses Windows logon credentials to authenticate with Kerio. Makes it nice when you're integrated with AD, especially when you have rotating passwords... users don't have to enter mail login info every time the password changes.

Scott
  •  
Josue

Right. It's an option you can see in the advanced options menu of the Kerio MailServer 6.05.

My MacOS X is in the AD forest. When I create a user in my AD, I can find it in my Kerio MailServer. No problem.

But... When I want to configure an outlook client, it's impossible to authenticate the user. In the Kerio log I can see :

login IMAP failed from x.x.x.x The NTLM authentication methods is invalid or unknown.

No issue please ? Anyone experienced the same problem ?

Thanks all.

(Sorry for my english, I'm from France).
  •  
Anonymous
NTLM only works when you install the MailServer on Windows. This is an OS limitation and not a bug. Your OS X MailServer can still use Kerberos 5 to authenticate with Active Directory, just make sure it is joined to the domain.
  •  
Josue

Thank you for answering.

I know this. My Kerberos is configured on my MacOS and integrated to the domain.

And the error message I have is about NTLM.

Thank you for helping.
  •  
sophos9

I have KMS 6.1 on W2K server.... NTLM does not work despite my best efforts
Previous Topic: max users and no. of clients at once
Next Topic: Error Code manual
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:34:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.