Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Issue - Corrupted Calendar Folder
  •  
mfarley

Send a private message to this user
Users experiencing the free/busy errors when editing their calendars have experienced corrupted calendars resulting in a "Could not open information store" on Outlook startup.

The only work around is to:

-Backup /program files/kerio/mailserver/store/..../username/calendar
-Delete the calendar folder
-Have user login (which creates a new calendar)
-Delete all the files from the root of the new calendar
-Then copy all the #msg's from the backed up calendar to the new one

Royal pain.. We've had this with 3 users so far..
  •  
peterj

We have uninstalled KOC patch1
& gone back to build final3

patch1 caused more issues than it fixed.

Of course we now have the runtime error crashing all the time but patch1 free/busy problem was worse for us.

•  
sedell

I've been moving people back to the pre-patch version as well. The free/busy error was annoying, but the MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED problem is causing such problems that users are rebooting their computer repeatedly throughout the day to recover from it.

Scott
  •  
peterj

The "MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED problem"

What's this & when does it occur.??
  •  
sedell

Seems to occur on some OL2000 machines... about 25 so far here. They experience a total loss of all function. Almost like Outlook freezes, but not quite. Some of them can't do anything at all. Others can navigate folders, but when they try to open a message, they get a "0x0004005: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED" error. Those who use the preview pane get a grayed out window in place of the message.

The only way to fix it is to kill the Outlook and MAPISP32 processes and restart. Most users don't know what the task manager is, let alone how to use it, so they reboot. I don't have time to teach them all how to use it. Plus, most are bad enough at following directions that they'd blue screen the machine by terminating vital processes.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Yikes,

I'm glad I haven't had that issue... my users would really kill me!
Previous Topic: Synchronisation Plug-in : Http response 404, Object not found
Next Topic: In case Pavel, et al, don't otherwise see this response...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:22:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.