Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » max users and no. of clients at once
  •  
catman

Send a private message to this user
Anything but MS is my motto, for different reasons that aren't important right now.

But before I switch, or try and convince the large company I work for to switch I need at least 2 answers:

1: How many accounts can the server manage? Is there a max?, and has any location come close to that max.

2: Once thing that I hate more than anything about the ms exchange diservice (please say no) is that one can only have on email account active at a time. It is so inhibiting.

With the simple apple xserve mail server I can monitor my account, my bosses account when she is out, my associates and customer service all at the same time. It is so practical and so impossible with the MS diserver.

catman
  •  
teco

1) I do not know. Please specify "large company"
2) You must see three situations:
a) Webmail: Only one account can be viewed at one time
b) Netscape: View as many as you want
c) POP3 Retriever: you can select for each retriever a incomming internal account. It is in your requirement how much you place to one internal account.

If you create some internal accounts for an user like
someone<_at_>localhost.com
someone1<_at_>...
someone2<_at_>...
etc.
It is not a problem to create up to your maximum licenced users for only one person.
It is only a matter of the Webmail that you can see only one account at one time. But when you are using Netscape or Thunderbird you are free. At some point you will loose the overview of all active accounts for a specific user.
  •  
Anonymous
The limitation is not with the number of users added or created, but the number of concurrent connections. The Kerio MailServer currently is still undergoing development for a clustered model, so in the meantime, the number of concurrent connections is limited by the hardware in a single server model.

Each organization can have very different email usage. Two companies with the same amount of users will have different hardware, networking, and mail server feature requirements that may or may not be supported.

So it has to be determined on a case by case basis. You can always contact Kerio to discuss your mail server needs to determine if the Kerio Mailserver is for you. Just fill out the form at http://www.kerio.com/info_request.html and someone will contact you. Or contact sales at: 408-496-4500 (US) sales<_at_>kerio.com.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 00:49] by Moderator

•  
teco

I have understand the question more in the way of asking how much users can be created until the server hangs on searching and managing the created useraccounts as on working for connecting these users via POP3, IMAP, SMTP, WEBMAIL.

That the trafficload is different from company to company is normal and can not be answerded without load and usage logs.

But to know how much users can be handeled when someone purchase a unlimited licence is also a interesting point to know. I think there would be a difference for managing the entries for 1,000 users and 100 Domains as for 1,000 and 150,000 users. Not about managing the traffic, just and simple about managing the useraccounts on the setting file and time to connect a user which is the last in the setting file. When a software has an unlimited licence I like to see it word by word with the right hardware...

Does someone has still created a huge amount of users and domains or does Kerio has some information about they are interested to share here???

Ask to the mods: A sticky threat for "lagest installations ever" for sharing such information?
Previous Topic: KOC 6.1.0 PATCH 1 - Breaks Free/Busy data?
Next Topic: Enable NTLM authentication method. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP please
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:24:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.