Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP: Mark as spam by dragging into Junk Mail folder?
  •  
Dr.Bob

Send a private message to this user
Last thing I heard about spam marking with IMAP on KMS 6.1 is that it would work to move/drag mails TO or FROM the Junk Mail folder to mark as SPAM or HAM. Would be great for when not using Outlook or webmail! Is this really implemented?
  •  
bperkins

Yes, this is implemented.
  •  
Dr.Bob

Is there a way to test it?

Picture the following situation:
A not-spam message arrives however KMS marks it as spam and puts it in the Junk Mail folder. Next, I move/drag this message to my inbox. How does KMS know? And how does the sender gets whitelisted automatically?
  •  
sedell

It'll tell you in the spam log when this occurs. It'll also tell you in the debug logs when this occurs, if you have spam filter processing turned on.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Actually the sender does not get whitelisted, this just trains the bayes like the toolbar buttons.
  •  
Dr.Bob

(EDIT: TESTED IT ON 6.0.10, so that explains probably why it didn't work yet)

Well, I did a test: a spam message was not detected as such and came into my INBOX, so I dragged it to the Junk E-mail folder, but no msg about this in the spamlog.

And how could KMS know? I'm just trying to understand what happens? Cuz isn't an action like above simply:
  1. copy e-mail to Junk E-mail folder
  2. Delete e-mail in Inbox

So what does KMS do to jump to certain conclusions after this? (The conclusion that a user wants to mark a message as spam)

Thanx!

So at a 6.1.0 server you really see this passing by in the spamlog?

Excuse my mistake for testing at the previous version ... haven't upgraded yet, first want to know if 6.1 really is better. Especially for Outlook users ...

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 10:21]

•  
bperkins

Yes, this is a new feature in 6.1. As you figured out, it will not work in 6.0.10.

Yes, you actually see it in the spamlog.

BP
  •  
antlane

Sorry to drag up an old topic but does this actually work for anyone? I've dragged multiple messages (many of which are quite similar) into the spam folder yet the system doesn't seem to learn. I've also dragged a weekly newsletter out of the junk mail folder for the last 8 or so weeks yet again, the system won't learn that it's not spam. I've checked the logs and the spam log is showing that I'm moving the msgs about:

User xxx moved a message from Junk E-mail folder, Folder: ~xxx/INBOX

Could it be that I once installed some custom spam assasin files? Should I delete the SA directory and get Kerio to do a repair install? Is there any way of seeing the bayes filter files change?

Thanks for any advice.
  •  
abubin

if depends on the message itself. Nowadays, spammers uses graphics file for the spams. Since bayes identify spams through some wording system, it will not be able to tag graphics files as spam/ham.

correct me if I am wrong...
  •  
antlane

abubin wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 05:47

if depends on the message itself. Nowadays, spammers uses graphics file for the spams. Since bayes identify spams through some wording system, it will not be able to tag graphics files as spam/ham.

correct me if I am wrong...

The ones that are still getting through are all text-based. Obviously the text changes slightly for each one but they're very similar.

It's more surprising that it keeps marking the weekly newsletter as spam even though each week I drag it back into the inbox. I've removed and reinstalled the spamassasin directory so I'll see if that solves anything.
Previous Topic: 0x8004010F MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
Next Topic: Auto Downgrade Solution for KOC to 6.0.10
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:32:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.