Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Where is the Internal filtering gone in 6.0.10/6.1.0
  •  
Mario65

Send a private message to this user
Hi I have been notified of users being able to sent any kind of attachment to any one else in the domain and possibly outside without going thru the mail attachment filtering rules.

This leaves us open to legal suit/in the wild malicious attacks that could slip thru or brought in via a notebook of USB device.

I am currently using 6.0.10 and thinking about going up to 6.1.0 but cannot see that the internal filtering is available
this use to be an option in earlier versions ... why was it removed???

Have it been moved in other area???

Can anyone advise

Correction this seems to only affect only certain email address
should it not filter even for oneself to oneself?

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 07:30]

•  
Tr!une

I would say that internal filtering is operational. I have lots of users that can't get their email to go through because they attach the .url file. These email get filtered out, so it appears to work for internal users.

The only place I see a reference to treating interal emails different is in the action tab.

Note: I am still running 6.0.10, not sure how it is on 6.1.0

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 19:52]

•  
Mario65

It seems if you send the attachment to yourself it ignores the attachment filter all together.

e.g crap.zip gets thru even thou *.zip is block
and CBC*.zip is the exception (allowed)

crap.zip should be blocked or not ?

•  
dbott

Everything appears to be working normally on 6.1.0 on Win2003 SP1.

I have extensive filtering rules and they are being blocked correctly. I just tried to send myself a restricted attachment type and it was rejected.

I also sent a prohibited type through using my whitelist.zip rule and it worked properly also.

-Dave

Snip from log:
[09/Aug/2005 14:09:42] Prohibited file extension in mail from <dbott<_at_>mydomain.ca> to <dbott<_at_>mydomain.ca>: zspoof.zip

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 20:23]

Previous Topic: Problems with Umlauts and Outlook
Next Topic: 0x80041419: ER_IMAP_SEARCH
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:33:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.