Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Feature Request: Logging Enhancement & Anti-Spam Options
  •  
tedxas

Send a private message to this user
For tweaking purposes, I would like SPAM logging to show whether an email was delivered, junked, or deleted by the server's anti-spam measures......also I would like to see the score of an email that was manually marked spam/not spam. You former DECLUDE users can relate to this. If I can get a handle on what my users are marking as "real" email...I can further pinpoint the score that determines what is junk.

Also similar to DECLUDE, I would like to be able to set a spam score for stuff that should be placed in the Junk Email folder.......and a score that would delete it or reroute it or any of the other options currently available.

For example, anything between 5.00 and 7.00 would go to the individual's Junk Email folder.....while anything over 7.00, in my environment, would be deleted.

I have become a big fan of Kerio's anti-spam capabilities. They seem to be pretty accurate.
  •  
sedell

I agree. A feature to discard any message with a score greater than X would be great. What's the point of marking spam and not spam if you can't discard the worst of it, and have to wade through it all day long anyhow.

Scott
  •  
jshaw541

sedell wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 08:26

I agree. A feature to discard any message with a score greater than X would be great. What's the point of marking spam and not spam if you can't discard the worst of it, and have to wade through it all day long anyhow.

I've begged Kerio over and over for this feature since 5.x and haven't seen any efforts to fulfill this. Their competitors have this feature.

We've currently set up a postfix/amavisd mail server in front of our KMS server to handle spam fighting, because we can blackhole messages with a score greater than X. It sucks having to maintain two mail servers.

The only thing I can suggest is that you submit it to Kerio as a feature request, but honestly, I can't help but believe it'll fall on deaf ears.

It seems like they've switched focus to the Exchange-replacement market and us people who just want a normal, reliable mail server are stuck with the leftovers, resourcewise.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
desquinn

Quote:

It seems like they've switched focus to the Exchange-replacement market and us people who just want a normal, reliable mail server are stuck with the leftovers, resourcewise.

you would never be able to tell this by the state the KOC is in.

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

desquinn wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 18:30

you would never be able to tell this by the state the KOC is in.

LOL, I suspect that there is a lack of focus more generally. It seems unreasonable to me to blame lack of IMAP/POP/AV/Anti-Spam functionality on Kerio's foray into groupware..!

If thay hadn't done that they wouldn't be making the sales that they are & presumably they would have less devs to work on all this stuff.

PS.
I also requested this feature months ago & got the boilerplate "We appreciate suggestions from our customers..." email.

No action so far & this seems like this would be a popular feature & (probably) not too difficult to implement.?
Previous Topic: KMS 6.0.10
Next Topic: Alternatives to KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:50:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.