Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » unknown user
  •  
adencool

Send a private message to this user
im in the process of trying a few email servers, and i ve come up against a problem with kerio - can anybody help?

we are currently using pop3 account from our isp, so i want to download from pop3 to start. this is all fine.

but.. the change from isp mail to our own mail server will be a slow process. and during the migration many users will still pop3 from the isp. what i need is for local users(users on kerio ) still be able to send mail to users on the isp, i have tryed this and the mail wont send because it states unknown local users, is there a way around this.

(i am also trying mdaemon which can do this!)
  •  
peterj

In the domain settings in the Kerio admin this can be enabled; Set Kerio to forward mail for unknown users to the ISP's server.

HTH
  •  
Anonymous

Peterj is incorrect.

This is how you can do this with KMS:
1. Create your local user accounts in KMS.
2. Go to Configuration > POP3 download
3. Create rules for each account that you want to download from your ISP and map it to your local users.
4. An additional option is to configure your email clients and WebMail to set the reply to address to your ISP email address.

This would allow you to keep your service with your ISP but take advantage of the IMAP/groupware/archiving/backup, antispam, antivirus, full-featured WebMail that the Kerio MailServer provides.
  •  
peterj

Quote:

and the mail wont send because it states unknown local users, is there a way around this

Actually I think I am correct. Presumable adencool has a domain name and once the domain is defined in KMS you won't be able to send email to users who are not setup in KMS yet.

You will still need to setup the forwarding for unknown users.

PS.
I would still point out that he didn't give enough info.
1) Does he have a domain name?
2) Has he got 1x catchall POP3 acount & individual ones?
3) Is he running his own DNS?

If he has a domain & a catchall POP (as implied) then it's you who is incorrect..!
  •  
Anonymous

Adencool, feel free to contact support (via phone or email) to help sort out your situation better. Or just give us more info on your situation.
Previous Topic: Group Membership
Next Topic: Cannot receive e-mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:28:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.