Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook won't shut down
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
I've taken to submitting support tickets even on things I know other people have tickets in on. I know the topic of OL2000 not shutting down while using the KOC has come up in the forums before, but I submitted a ticket anyhow, just to be on file as someone having this problem. Support told me this is a new issue they haven't heard of before. Could some other who are having this problem submit tickets on it. Maybe if there are more tickets in on it it'll get looked at faster.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is common problem with Outlook 2000 clients. Outlook 2000 contains several bugs, most of them are not related to KOC or KMS.
I think your problem is related to the bug described in Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834005

Quote:

Note: This problem may also occur if you try to quit Outlook 2000 after Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 was used to open your mailbox or if another user viewed your shared Calendar with Outlook 2003.

Personally, same thing happened to me after switch from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000.

The solution:
1. make sure you have Outlook 2000 with SP3 and latest patches
2. make sure you're using latest KOC (6.1.0)
3. delete the "Calendar/properties.fld" file in your mailbox directory on the server
4. delete the "__keriomapi__STORE" directory at the same place
5. Open Outlook. Now, the Outlook will shutdown properly without hang.
  •  
sedell

PavelDobry wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:59

This is common problem with Outlook 2000 clients. Outlook 2000 contains several bugs, most of them are not related to KOC or KMS.

In this case, Outlook 2000 closes properly if set up without the KOC. The only time OL2000 doesn't close properly is when using a profile that makes use of the KOC.

I still tried the steps you provided, and it did not fix the problem.

Scott
Previous Topic: SummerTime not activated
Next Topic: Read only iCal & Kerio vision for OSX
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:52:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.