Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OL2003 Address/Contacts problems
  •  
33rez

Send a private message to this user
I am having two address/contact list related issues with KMS 6.1

ISSUE #1

We just migrated from Exchange 5.5 to KMS 6.1. A few users were using the OL exchange connector and they were updated to the Kerio Outlook Connector.

The problem is that all of the data in their autocomplete for email addresses is gone, and it does not seem to be memorizing new addresses.

For example, in OL/Exchange, if you started typing in the email address for someone who had a contact in the address book, it would start autocompleting it for you and you could just press down arrow to choose the address and tab to complete it.

So far on the KOC, it does not seem to be working. I do have the "suggest names while completing..." in the ADVANCED EMAIL OPTIONS enabled, but the problem seems to be with the contacts (see below).

Am I missing a setting in OL2003?

====
SECONDARY / BIGGER ISSUE:

If I then click on the "TO" button in OL2003 to lookup a contact (or if I go to the TOOLS MENU - ADDRESS BOOK in OL2003), I get this message:

The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with...

But if I click on the CONTACTS panel in OL2003, the contacts are all there.

What is going on???

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 12:23]

•  
winkelman

Quote:

If I then click on the "TO" button in OL2003 to lookup a contact (or if I go to the TOOLS MENU - ADDRESS BOOK in OL2003), I get this message:

The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with...

But if I click on the CONTACTS panel in OL2003, the contacts are all there.

Search for this in de Microsoft knowledge base. I had this problem at home (no Kerio there) a couple of times after a format and import of the 'old' pst-file into the fresh Outlook. After you get this error and you are in the 'address search' dialog box you can select the folder in which to search. You will see you have two identical Contacts folders there. One is a 'ghost' from the previous profile/connector/etc. en the other is your actual Contacts (you can select it and then all is fine).

Type in the exact error in the Microsoft knowledge base and you will find the (simple) cure for this.

(I am too kind and did the search for you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3199 01 :-)

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 12:35]

•  
peterj

This error refers to absent OAB's (Outlook Address Book)

Go to tools-email accounts - directories and got to OAB.

Then remove all folders assigned an OAB name.

Restart Outlook and right click the contacts folders you want to appear. Go to the OAB tab and enable the OAB for each folder.

This will cure this and all folders with OAB names should appear in the dropdown. (The one you enable first will be the first one to show by default)

As for ISSUE1 - I have Outlook 2003 clients with the KOC that use the autocomplete feature OK. (Although I'm not surprised you lost the lists when you switched as they are stored in the OL profile...)
Previous Topic: spamassassin usage
Next Topic: KOC 6.1.0 patch2 - fixes free/busy error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:36:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.