Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Web mail appears to DELETE messages from inbox on it's own!
  •  
TRaymond

Send a private message to this user
Anyone else out there with this?

Kerio Mail Server 6.1.0
Using Kerio Outlook Connector
and Kerio WebMail

My mail in my inbox just disappears after a few minutes. I have three messages in my inbox when I started typing this message with the Kerio Outlook Connector installed. then by the time I'm done with this message...all three are gone!! some have been read others have not.

This happens when I use webmail as well. Anyone..PLEASE HELP!!

----------
TRaymond

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 19:23]

•  
winkelman

Someone else on another connection on the same (your) account?
  •  
TRaymond

Quote:

Someone else on another connection on the same (your) account?

How could I tell? I can't find a login attempt log of any kind...figured it would be in the security log.

I guess I could just change my password, but I'd like to know where the logins are coming from.

Any ideas?

----------
TRaymond

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 19:33]

•  
sedell

Check 'Active Connections' under Status. See if there are multiple logins for the same account. Otherwise, you'd have to enable POP3 IMAP and HTTP logging in the debug log.

Scott
  •  
TRaymond

sedell wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 19:35

Otherwise, you'd have to enable POP3 IMAP and HTTP logging in the debug log.

Don't see the option to enable the POP3 Logging...where is it again. Thanks in advance for my stupidity.

----------
TRaymond
  •  
sedell

Right-click on the debug log and select Messages.

Scott
  •  
peterj

POP3 logging would be no use anyway.

Just debug IMAP(KOC) & HTTP(Webmail)

You could change your password & see if there are failed login attempts from another IP.

Also do the mails go into your deleted items or just disappear??
  •  
sedell

Why not POP3 logging? If someone, or something connects via POP3, it would appear that everything in the inbox is being deleted, even though it's a normal operation of the protocol.

Scott
  •  
peterj

He didn't say the Inbox emptied itself did he?

•  
teco

There are some tools on the marked to check and delete mails on POP3 accounts without downloading. Only reading the header. Maybe he has someone with such a tool in his community.

POP3 log would make sure that such a tool is not in use and if it is in use it should give the IP or user account who do it.

Just to make sure that it is another bug and not a "needfull" user...

My suggestion about POP3 log..
  •  
TRaymond

Hello all,

Thanks for the help on this. It definantely is not a bug. I ended up changing my password and all is well now. I have also identified that the pop3 login and subsequent download of my mail is coming from somewhere in my house, but I can't identify the computer or application that is causing it...

Thanks for all the help...glad to see that it wasn't a bug..KERIO Rocks!

Except for the outlook connector (Speed and hangup issues) :)

---------
TRaymond
  •  
TRaymond

yes it was emptying my inbox and nothing in the deleted items folder.

See my previous message for the resolution.

----------
TRaymond
Previous Topic: bug on apple ldap map
Next Topic: Service Release and Patches
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:32:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00527 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.