Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Post & Pre-Setup Problems
  •  
j45on

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've been trying to solve my problems faced while setting up Kerio and hope that u guys can help me on this.

I have read Admin Console Manual, Webmail Manual and Kerio Mailserver Manual but still unable to solve some of my problems. Tried googling and searching the forums too.

I currently use a dynamic DNS to test host Kerio Mailserver.

Here are my problems:

1. I am unable to login using the dynamic domain from my IE6 browser but instead i have to use the intranet, 192.168.0.100 (server intranet IP). Whenever i try typing the URL of my registered DDNS, i'm showed to login to my router through internet instead (which has been disabled). I've managed to get my friends over the net to surf my DDNS and it worked for them but not me.

2. I notice that there is an unidentified IP login to my IMAP services. Is it hacking in process? cause there is no one who knows i am setting up an email server with tat port for that service open. Unless, i've been scanned using ip scanner or port scanner. BTW the connected IP to the IMAP protocol goes 218.208.206.47 where mine's in M'sia.

3. Is it still possible to receive and send mail without further setup if i only allow all Secured services to run only? Or its enough having some of it to have both secured and non secured? Is so which one?

4. Is the McAfee Antivirus installed or i have to get my own copy of McAfee? i already have Norton Antivirus for Corporate user version 9 and it seems to create problems for me, so it's currently disabled. Is Kerio compatible with Norton? Is so, how can i set it up to run together?

Thank you for taking notice~

Regards,

Jason
  •  
abubin

Hi,

I am new to Kerio Mailserver too but I will reply what I know.

Quote:

1. I am unable to login using the dynamic domain from my IE6 browser but instead i have to use the intranet, 192.168.0.100 (server intranet IP). Whenever i try typing the URL of my registered DDNS, i'm showed to login to my router through internet instead (which has been disabled). I've managed to get my friends over the net to surf my DDNS and it worked for them but not me.

This does not have anything to do with KMS. It's basic networking knowledge. People from your local LAN cannot access the server externally (using external domain). That's something to do with how LAN is setup. You must access internal server using internal IP or DNS.

Quote:

2. I notice that there is an unidentified IP login to my IMAP services. Is it hacking in process? cause there is no one who knows i am setting up an email server with tat port for that service open. Unless, i've been scanned using ip scanner or port scanner. BTW the connected IP to the IMAP protocol goes 218.208.206.47 where mine's in M'sia.

Is that your friend's IP whom you asked connect externally? That IP does comes from TMNET, your local ISP.

Quote:

3. Is it still possible to receive and send mail without further setup if i only allow all Secured services to run only? Or its enough having some of it to have both secured and non secured? Is so which one?

Should be no problem. But I haven't tested it before. You can always try this. I think this takes very little effort to test out.

Quote:

4. Is the McAfee Antivirus installed or i have to get my own copy of McAfee? i already have Norton Antivirus for Corporate user version 9 and it seems to create problems for me, so it's currently disabled. Is Kerio compatible with Norton? Is so, how can i set it up to run together?

You have to buy mail scanning engine license for the antivirus software that you want to use. Look in the Antivirus option in KMS, there are list of antivirus supported by KMS. These licenses are based on number of users. If you are using Symantec for clients PC, it doesn't mean you must use mail scanning engine from Symantec also. Both are independent of each other which will not conflict.
  •  
j45on

Hey,

I'm glad someone post some hints =) thanks for ur time. I still have some question continuing from ur reply.

Quote:

1. This does not have anything to do with KMS. It's basic networking knowledge. People from your local LAN cannot access the server externally (using external domain). That's something to do with how LAN is setup. You must access internal server using internal IP or DNS.

How do i setup to access the server externally (using external domain)? And by the way, i jus found out when i typed 192.168.0.1 (router), it kept leading me to access it externally (a login box popup), which is not setup to be accessed externally. This time only one computer can access the router.

Quote:

2. Is that your friend's IP whom you asked connect externally? That IP does comes from TMNET, your local ISP.

I've checked, there was two IP. One was her IP in the logs, another was stated under the IMAP protocols. tried whois on it. had 16 hop and can't reverse DNS on the last 5, so it's unidentified. If it's fine then i guess we'll leave it at that, unless ppl from my own country is doing an IP scan.

Quote:

3. Should be no problem. But I haven't tested it before. You can always try this. I think this takes very little effort to test out.

I've test it, sending a test email to hotmail works like a charm, receiving it is not so. can't receive, email bounce back. But i notice this feature on hotmail b4 u login, which is login securely. Did not click on tat, guess tats why hotmail did not send it through a secured SMTP port. will test it out.

Quote:

4. You have to buy mail scanning engine license for the antivirus software that you want to use. Look in the Antivirus option in KMS, there are list of antivirus supported by KMS. These licenses are based on number of users. If you are using Symantec for clients PC, it doesn't mean you must use mail scanning engine from Symantec also. Both are independent of each other which will not conflict.

I've read bout Symantec scanning engine software. Looks like i need to get another license for it when i already have the corporate version. Can i not set Norton Corporate to work? Its disabled now but the scanning always seems to block my kerio from sending. practically erase my mail. I'll go through the manuals on this matter again in the time being.

Thanks

Regards,

Jason
  •  
peterj

If you have version 9 or above it can scan POP3 & SMTP traffic.

This will scan outbound SMTP but will only scan incoming mail if KMS downloads mail from your ISP via POP3.

Failing that you wil need to purchase SSE or an alternative.

I use SSE and it costs about 10GBP ($18USD) per mailbox
Previous Topic: 6.1.0 back to 6.0.10
Next Topic: Anyone else had issues with people signing up to mailing lists?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:50:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.