Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to clear the public contacts
  •  
33rez

Send a private message to this user
How can I globally drop the Public Folders - Contacts? I don't care if the Pub Folder is there, but we need to drop the contacts out of that folder.

thanks
  •  
peterj

Any user with Public folder admin rights can delete the contacts folder or it's contents via the KOC.

The folder cannot be deleted entirely from webmail but can be emptied

In any case the empty contacts folder will be re-created at the next KMS service startup
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Public folder administrator can change the permissions for Contacts folder. So, other users will not see this folder.
  •  
peterj

Thanks Pavel, I hadn't thought of that.

Unfortunately all the PF Admins would still see the folder but better than nothing.

I would still rather be able to permanently delete this folder. (I like the idea but not the name)

Having two contacts folders called contacts is confusing. I would like mine called 'public contacts' or 'company contacts' or something...

Basically I want to be able to create a custom public contacts folder and set Kerio to use it when creating contacts from user wizard etc.

That way the OAB name can just be the same as the folder name.

What do you think?
  •  
33rez

Thanks for the replies... I am using the KOC, but I cannot see the public folder. Is there some mapping or setting I need to make in OL2003 to see the pub folder from the kerio server on the lan?

Thanks!!!
  •  
peterj

Yes,

Switch to folder list view

•  
33rez

I did, I did not see "Public Folder" there.

I already assigned my account full admin priv. but can't see it in the folder list.
  •  
catoxpress

You have to click on Contacts to see the public contacts.
  •  
slylabs13

What I had to do was "kick it in the butt" so to speak. On first install, for some reason I am only seeing the Public Folders and two folders inside that, but there are many more. By clicking the Contacts tab and opening the main Contacts store posted by Kerio Mailserver, it seems to wake up all the permissions, so when I go back to Outlooks Folder List I see all the Public Folders correctly. I hate to use the "B" word, but I think it's a bug, but I would look at Outlook first.
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 RC 1
Next Topic: Installing Active Directory Extensions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:06:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.