Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC and Secure SMTP
  •  
vsvirtan

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

My ISP is blocking normal connections to SMTP ports (normal 25 and secure). Is it possible to use some other secure port to connect to use KOC. For example, if I setup KMS to port 666 as Secure SMTP port, can I also setup KOC to use SSL and port is 666?
  •  
winkelman

You could have just tried it or (God forbid!) look in the manual...

Short answer: yes.
  •  
vsvirtan

Hi again,

the problem was that our company firewall was blocking access to port 465. Now port is open and I can connect to Secure SMTP using Outlook (without KOC), Thunderbird and Opera email clients, but if I use Outlook with KOC I cannot send messages althought I have Use SSL Connection checked and I changed SMTP port to 465. Bug in KOC?

-Ville-
  •  
sedell

You don't have to change the SMTP port for secure SMTP. Try 25 again.

Disregard. I didn't see that your ISP blocks 25.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 13:13]

Scott
  •  
vsvirtan

In my case, I had to use SMTP for example when I'm traveling or visiting customer's offices. My operator blocks incoming SMTP connections to my static IP address (leased from operator). All other ports are open. So, I have to use some other port or change SMTP server address every time I'm on road (depending what operator I'm using).

My customer (where I'm visiting ofter) opened Secure SMTP port from their network to my computer and I like to use KOC (because of Calendar and etc.) for connecting my mailbox. One solution might be that I add port 465 to normal SMTP and use that instead of Secure SMTP. As I already told, Secure SMTP works fine without KOC using Outlook.
Previous Topic: Aliases in a Group?
Next Topic: Locked out with Adminisration Console (got a new IP) - linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:45:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.