Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS Feature Requests
  •  
teco

Send a private message to this user
This is to place various feature Requests. I hope that Kerio makes this sticky.
The only reason for this topic is to place various feature requests from users to the public and to discuss about it. It could show to Kerio what users need, what opinion they have about some feature requests and how important they are.

For KOC - Feature requests please make a own Topic. Do not place these Feature requests here. This is only for KMS.

Please do not make longer comments about feature requests as needed. We do not want to loose the overview about the various requests.
  •  
teco

Module : POP3 Retriever.

Request:
additional option for
- do not delete messages after POP3 Download
- delete downloaded messages after xxxx days

Must be:
- KMS must take care that a message is not downloaded more as one time only. (Like Netscape, Outlook Express and so on)

Reason why:
If you want to debug the KMS Server it would be helpfull not to lose some messages. Also helpfull if you have various server as backup system active. The lastest server would get also everything. New versions of KMS can be tested while the "old" version is still in procduction usage.

For the trial period usage for new customers helpfull, because they can test the server and have the main server - or the regulary client - still active and can test it parallel to the normal handling.

Please take this request also as a sample about the content of a feature request...
  •  
desquinn

sorrry to go off topic but.........

why only feature requests for KMS..... A lot of people would like things added to the whole package and not just the "KMS" part.

Also the sticky situation in way out of contro in this forum.... I have a 1280x1024 screen so i can still see a fare few posts but anybody on a 800x600 screen is just going to get a face full of sticky's and they sort of lose their effect when you have so many.

Des Quinn
  •  
teco

I think there is a better overview for the development department at Kerio if they could locate a feature requrest directly to KMS or KOC.

Maybe Kerio can make an additonal forum area somewhat called like "Mailserver Feature Requests". Each request has it own topic (then you can have both KMS and KOC). Everyone who is intersted in a feature could post a litte message to keep the topic on top. I have seen such a way of feature requests on www.hmailserver.com/forum. But only the Mods can make a new forum area...

I have made this topic because someone has to start it. In what way Kerio honors, that the users could help to develop (if they -the users- are realy interested in this kind of development) the software to be more of what the users want from the software, is in the sole decission of Kerio. Lets see and wait what will happen.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 13:05]

•  
winkelman

- Ability to have HTML signature and domain footer
- Ability to insert pictures into messages with Webmail (and also into signatures and the global domain footer! Our PR department would LOVE this)
- Ability to print out the Calendar in Webmail (in some ways, let's say in a nice week view and as a simple list of appointments)
- Admin Console option to re-index mailboxes
- Statistics page/info should survive service restarts
- Multiple (two) anti-spam rating thresholds
- Show client KOC Version in 'Active Connections' dialog
- Full body search from webmail (I know I know, performance issues...)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi,

You can discuss feature requests here, but the correct way to request a new feature in the MailServer is by submitting a ticket through http://support.kerio.com

We may not see your request if you only post it here.

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
winkelman

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 17:29

Hi,

You can discuss feature requests here, but the correct way to request a new feature in the MailServer is by submitting a ticket through http://support.kerio.com

We may not see your request if you only post it here.

Cheers,
Joshua

Well, obviously you saw the requests here now :-)
Is it still neccesary to issue a ticket? If so: one ticket per request or all at once? I do not want to overload support with things they already now...
Previous Topic: KMS 6.1.0 patch2 - fixes problems sending to navy.mil, other fixes
Next Topic: importing users from Imail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:02:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.