Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Messages missing body on Webmail
  •  
xmsms

Send a private message to this user
Please someone help me before i kill myself trying to work out this puzzling issue.

When reading any email via Webmail on KMS 6.1.0p2 the body of the message is blank.

However, if i go into the store, and open up the .eml file the entire contents of the message are there.

To add to the madness, this doesnt happen with email sent from hotmail.com addresses (just every other free email service ive tried).

Nor does this problem occur if i use pop/imap to retrieve the message.

I've tried the following so far:

* A complete reinstall of linux including using a different distro.
* Using KMS patch 2.
* Copying the headers from a working message to one which doesnt work.
* Checking permissions of files/folders in store.

Please someone help - even if its just a bullet to the head to put me out of my mysery!
  •  
xmsms

Anyone else had this? I'm going to give the Windows version a go to see if its any better.
  •  
xmsms

Windows version works fine, so its something to do with the Linux version - Any ideas peeps?
  •  
xmsms

Found the problem.

KMS requires 'glibc-locales'. For some reason it does not detect this as a dependancy when installing the rpm.
  •  
KCAP

Yes I had the same problem also a few times
but no solution yet,
Your solution:
Quote:

KMS requires 'glibc-locales'. For some reason it does not detect this as a dependancy when installing the rpm.

What does this mean?? rpm?? can i change some config file or so?

gr
Teun

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 12:15]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
xmsms

kcap wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 12:15

Yes I had the same problem also a few times
but no solution yet,
Your solution:
Quote:

What does this mean?? rpm?? can i change some config file or so?

gr
Teun

Hi,

There is a package called 'glibc-locale' that comes with Redhat (and other Redhat-like distro's). However it does nto appear that this is installed by default, so you need to manually select it when installing Linux.

You can probably download it from an RPM site, and install it, but i cant guarantee that this will work for you:

wget ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.trustix.com/pub/trustix/relea ses/trustix-2.2/i586/trustix/rpms/glibc-locales-2.3.2-19tr.i 586.rpm
rpm -i glibc*

For any other variation of Linux, you may need to download a tarbal and compile it - bit i'm no Linux guru, so i'm probably speaking crap!
  •  
KCAP

Thanks,

i wasn't aware that 'glibc-locales' was a Linux something, i use windows,
but having the same problems. Your solution prob. doesn't work with windows? or does it?

gr
Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
xmsms

kcap wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 14:25

Thanks,

i wasn't aware that 'glibc-locales' was a Linux something, i use windows,
but having the same problems. Your solution prob. doesn't work with windows? or does it?

gr
Teun

I'm afraid not :(

The windows version works fine for me. Are you running 6.1.0 with patch2 installed?
  •  
tedxas

Gang --

This MIGHT NOT be exclusive to *Nix installations.

One of my clients cannot see attachments sent from senders within the same domain regardless of whether she uses webmail or Mac Mail.

The header comes through just fine....as does the senders' signature. But there's no evidence of an attachment.

HOWEVER, I can go to her folder on the server and open the .EML file and see everything perfectly.

She has tried this using different browsers (Safari vs. IE) and even different OS's (Mac vs. XP).

Your thoughts?

•  
xmsms

Are you using the Mac version of KMS mate?

If so, it could well be something very similar.

I seem to be running fine now that i got over the webmail hurdle, however, i'm still annoyed about the way KMS appears to spawn a seperate ./mailserver instance for every user that connects to the server.
  •  
tedxas

Windows on the server side, believe it or not. How's that for confusing the issue even further. :)
  •  
xmsms

Ok i'm lost.

And you say that its just not on webmail with you?

If it was i might put it down to somethign missing from the php binary compiled for the webmail system - but if it affects pop/imap for you too then i'm confuzzled.

Have u tried comparing the headers of a knackered message with one that is ok, to see if there are any differences?

Maybe even try placing replacing the headers of knacked message?
  •  
tedxas

Yeah, confusing isn't it?

- KMS Windows 6.1

- Client is using Safari to access webmail on her Mac....sometimes she uses IE on XP.

- Regardless of which browser/platform she's using, she doesn't see attachments

- However, I can go to the server, double-click the email in question, and read it perfectly.

So, the header info is the same....and the signatures are the same regardless of how she sees the email....but the attachment is only visible when *I* look at it from the server side.

Incidentally, she can even switch to a completely different machine and observe the same results. So perhaps it has something to do with her account?

For what it's worth, I haven't tried the whole re-indexing thing on her account yet. But I really don't want to get in a situation where that becomes routinely necessary.

Scratching heads in Cowtown,

Ted
  •  
xmsms

Excuse my ignorance, but safari is a web browser isn't it?

If thats the case, have you tried accessing the e-mail via imap/pop (is that what 'Mac Mail' you meantioned earlier is)?

If you havn't tried IMAP give it a go, or if you fancy getting your hands dirty, set up a Linux server (making sure glibc-locales is installed) and copy her mailbox over to it for a test.
KCAP

Hi,

The problem descibed bij tedxas is exactly the same here, only we use all windows,
a attachment isn't showing in outlook, but when i open the EML file on the server the attachment is there????

gr
Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
Previous Topic: Can't see users in Public Contacts
Next Topic: Spam Weights
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:32:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00561 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.