Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How can I limit bandwidth for some users ??
  •  
ososto

Send a private message to this user
How can I limit bandwidth for some users in kerio program
  •  
ahmed_alhamdany2

hi ,
You can limit users to download/upload a specefic amount of data by adding these users as follows:
users & groups >> users >> add user
1.fill the information related to the user
2.select (qouta) and you can specify a daily or monthly limit
3. a. If you are using a static ips then you must select Ip address and enter the ip address of the user .
b. If you are using a user name & password then you must put the username & password of the user .
  •  
Adrian2004

Ososto want bandwidth not quota.

Ososto is not possible in kerio to limit bandwidth per user/ip/schedule but you can use bandwidthcontroller witch is working with kerio very well.
  •  
mcom

I am not agree.

Bandwidth controler(BC) works but, i can't say very well.

When BC is installed on the same PC whith Kerio Winroute you can observe one big trouble.

Yes - the main purpose to limit the speed to each client - works OK.

BUT - If the client makes a ping you will see how bad ping is - it will be from 10ms up to 2000ms(client don't download nothing) - and this happens even nobody in the LAN don't download nothing.

•  
niloshima

hi mcom,

So what is the best way to control bandwidth of the users?

Like u have said what kind of a impact will happen for win route sever and LAN users if I try control the band with using BC ? Confused

Rgds
niloshima
  •  
mcom

Exist a way to use in combination with traffic inspector
-> but traffic inspector do the same as kerio and also have bandwidth shaper.

Some people prefer to use traffic inspector in combination with Kerio. Traffic inspector is a biling program + proxy + bandwidth shaper + firewall, but uses nat of windows(or from another program).
  •  
sanjshah68

hi,
can you pls tell us which bandwidth controller prog we r talking abt. and from where i can download?
  •  
ososto

thanks all to reply me
but..
I need the name of the best program in English Lang for bandwidth controller or traffic inspector
i download and more than 10 program etch of them have a problem similar than the Lang is not English
  •  
Adrian2004

ososto wrote on Sat, 04 February 2006 19:32

thanks all to reply me
but..
I need the name of the best program in English Lang for bandwidth controller or traffic inspector
i download and more than 10 program etch of them have a problem similar than the Lang is not English

Softperfect Bandwidth Manager
Previous Topic: Application Installation
Next Topic: Add new service into Used service percentage list
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:20:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.