Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC / KMS - send from email address- not working
  •  
33rez

Send a private message to this user
We are using the KOC to connect to KMS with OL2003. Within our Outlook we also have several IMAP accounts. We migrated over from exchange a week ago.

In the past, when a message would come into one of the "inboxes" of the various accounts, and you would click REPLY (enter the reply) and press SEND, the email would send from the mailbox in which the email came into.

the BIG PROBLEM I am now having is that no matter what inbox I "reply" to a message from, it sends it from the KOC associated mailbox (and email) and not from that mailbox.

This is a HUGE issue in separating business from pleasure; my "personal" account is on KOC, and business email account are via IMAP, but now when I reply to a message or forward, it keeps sending from the root KOC account.

Example:
KOC account joe<_at_>somewhere.com
IMAP account 1 sales<_at_>mycompany.com
IMAP account 2 sales2<_at_>yourcompany.com

issue: inbound email into the Imap account 1 (sales<_at_>mycompany.com), when replied to, is sending from the KOC account with a reply address of joe<_at_>somewhere.com

Note: I DO/DID verify that this account is selected in the "Accounts" dropdown in the reply email address, and OL2003 does say "this message will be sent using account mycompany.com".

This worked flawlessly when using exchange as the primary account, but since we switched to KOC, it's broken.

{REVISION: I just tested the "new message", and selected IMAP account #1, and sent a test message off to Gmail, and it is still coming through as the KOC account. It seems like ALL outbound email is going as from the KOC account and not from the individual account}

{REVISION 2: I tested this with Outlook Express, as I have several account setup there... and OE worked fine. When replied to a message from a specific inbox, it sent out using the same email address.}

How do I fix this????

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 01:18]

•  
peterj

I don't think you can 'fix' this.

I suspect that configuration just does not work. Everyone who migrates from Exchange is disappointed soon enough..

I suggest you think of another way to do this like using separate client software for the separate accounts.

Obviously this will be less streamlined as when you had Exchange.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 11:16]

•  
germanr

I had this problem as well. I need to send mails from three different email accounts and the only thing I could do is use multiple identities in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Previously I had multiple accounts and I had the option in Outlook (send as). It used to work in earlier versions of KOC.

In the webmail of KMS it works.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 15:44]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
33rez

This is a HUGE issue!!!

As a new customer, this is by far the biggest disappointment of KMS/KOC.

For us, switching profiles is not possible since we are in email all day long; we don't have the time to quit/launch and choose different profiles to send one email at a time.

If Kerio can't address this we will have to go back to exchange.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 16:21]

•  
peterj

Plenty of Kerio's customers have or will do the same...
Particularly if they have used Exchange!

I suggest that you discuss with KMS support & see if they have any suggestions. If this worked in a previous version perhaps you should install 6.0.10 & see if it cures the issue. This was a much more stable release.

The groupware/KOC still needs a lot of work...
  •  
tedxas

This problem is not exclusive to former Exchange users. We converted from IMail 8.1, where we used POP3 to access our accounts. For those of us who use external POP3 accounts in combination with KOC, we are experiencing the same dilemma: ALL outbound emails, regardless of the selected account, are going out with the address defined in KOC. Doesn't matter if they're IMAP or POP3....same behavior.

We are very new to Kerio and are willing to grow with the product, but this issue has been a disappointment.
  •  
germanr

This multiple accounts issue has been since 6.0.8. (that was the last version that worked). See posts.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=21989&S =d5a4fa5dd2f09b9d0e25927fafc29187&srch=german#msg_21989

Apparently this is not an issue to Kerio. I thought that I was the only person on earth that had more than one email account....

On may I subited a tech support ticket & this is the response:

Posted on 27 May 2005 08:54 PM
Hi German,

The development team states that at present the only supported scenario is KOC in its own profile. No additional mail accounts in the same profile is supported.

Apparently this if this worked in an older build then it was a fluke. We did not intend to add support to the Kerio Outlook Connector for multiple email accounts in the same profile.

Best regards,
Jeff Wadlow

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
peterj

This is a similar response to the one I got when asking about notes support

...."if it worked before then it was just co-incidence"

Unfortunately the users who lose functionality find these comments hard to stomach..

•  
33rez

"it was a fluke..." Huh???

Please put the "Fluke" back in, for those of us who do heavy email, we can't do this "single account for a profile" thing.

Maybe this sort of thing - "We did not intend to add support to the Kerio Outlook Connector for multiple email accounts in the same profile." should be documentented in the product / KOC FAQ's so that before we spend $$$ purchasing KMS we'll know we can't use Outlook in the same way as we did before.

Kerio should not position KOC as an "exchange replacement" if you can't use it in the same fashion - and it breaks working (NORMAL) functionality in OL. Choosing an account is a built-in OL feature, for you to pick the SENDING email account. KOC "breaks" this functionality.

=
I fixed this issue by dropping the KOC and went to all IMAP accounts - YES I HAVE 6 EMAIL ACCOUNTS I USE DAILY - and now I can send and receive separately on each account from within OL2003.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 19:34]

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi,

There is a solution for this for WebMail.

1) In the Administration console, select a user. Click 'Edit', click 'Mail Addresses' and add all the necessary addresses.

2) Open up WebMail. When composing a mail you can choose to use any of the available messages.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
germanr

Yes, Joshua. It is what I've been using ever since (along with Thunderbird with multiple identities on my notebook).

Also in Settings inside the webmail if you enter a different Default e-mail address, then when you compose a message (in webmail) you will have the added sender address.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
ilkrusty

i really must say that its a shame that multiple accounts are not supported! this is SERIOUS issue for us, we just bought the product, it's real dissapointment!
  •  
winkelman

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 01:26

Hi,

There is a solution for this for WebMail.

1) In the Administration console, select a user. Click 'Edit', click 'Mail Addresses' and add all the necessary addresses.

2) Open up WebMail. When composing a mail you can choose to use any of the available messages.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

This works indeed. One question though:
The 'name' of the sender is always the same for all email addresses of one person. Example:
Feike Winkelman <winkelman<_at_>domain.com>
Feike Winkelman <support<_at_>domain.com>

Would it be possible to also change the name of the sender? Like:
Feike Winkelman <winkelman<_at_>domain.com>
Helpdesk <support<_at_>domain.com>

This is 'needed' because we have secretaries who completely handle the email of their boss, so the boss' email adress is actually just a second address of the secretary. Currently, they cannot reply in the boss' name, because it would always show the secretaries name.
  •  
tedxas

I've been playing with this multiple-accounts issue today.

Here's my scenario:

Outlook 2003 with KOC
3 POP3 accounts

The KOC account is the default "Kerio Outlook Connector Store."

The POP3 accounts are stored in a traditional Outlook .PST file with a human name of "Personal Folders."

I can send from any of the accounts with the preferred outbound email address as long as I have "Personal Folders" selected in OUTLOOK - TOOLS - OPTIONS - "Deliver New Email to the following location"

I can even have KOC selected as the DEFAULT email account.

It is when I define Kerio Outlook Connector Store as the "Deliver New Email ..." container that I am unable to select a different outgoing email account. (I can select it, but KOC always plugs in the default email address).

In a perfect world, I would have a folder beneath Kerio Outlook Connector Store for each of my POP3 accounts with rules that populate those folders upon receipt of inbound mail so that all of the mail data for all of my personal accounts could be stored on the server.....provided I could initiate a new email (or reply to an existing one) using an outbound address of my choosing.

In summary, if you don't mind your "external" accounts being stored in a .PST, you can use multiple accounts with KOC....and I guess you could create some Rules in Outlook to move stuff into the KOC store....but that's certainly not optimal. Besides, it's sorta kludgy to have two sets of tasks, two sets of calendars, etc.

•  
mike-p

We have gone back to KOC 6.0.8 to get the multiple accounts "fluke" back. Hopefully there are not to many issues with 6.0.8 and KMS 6.1.

Mike
Previous Topic: 6.010 Webmail Send from Drafts
Next Topic: Outgoing messages auto-saved in "Sent items" and "Drafts"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:07:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00568 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.