Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MailServer on a Linux OS with only terminal or SSH...
  •  
wifi

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I'm about to try Kerio Mailserver on my Clarkconnect Linux OS.

As (I think) Kerio Mailserver needs a X windows based administration consol, I was wondering how this would work with ClarkConnect.

The only way I can do things on ClarkConnect is by using a 'terminal' or 'SSH' session.

Anyone here who can give me some more info about this?

Thank you
  •  
simon

You should be able to install the mail server without the admin console and then install the admin console on a different computer that does have X, or windows. The admin console will connect to any OS version of KMS.
  •  
desquinn

welcome wifi :)

as simon says the admin console from the kerio download pages is able to be installed on windows or linux/mac and then connects with port 44337 so open that on the CC box if you are accessing it externally.

keep an eye on its CPU/mem utilisation as well but it tends ot be ok most of the time.

Des Quinn
  •  
wifi

Thank you simon and desquinn for the reply and info.

I will give it a 'test' go later today.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi. Just FYI: We only support RedHat 9.0+, Fedora Core, and SuSE.

If you are planning to purchase the product and wish to recieve support, you will need to run the mailserver and administration console on one of those operating systems.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
wifi

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 18:20

If you are planning to purchase the product and wish to recieve support, you will need to run the mailserver and administration console on one of those operating systems.

Hi Kerio_jthomas,

Looks (for now) that Kerio is a great product!

I got it working on ClarkConnect 3.1 in one go!

As ClarkConnect is the only Linux system on this network I needed to download the full package for a Windows system also to get the "Administration Console".

It's all setup nice now, and I will be doing some more testing the following days!

Congratulations for a great product!
  •  
desquinn

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 17:20

Another FYI

Clarkconnect is a Redhat (now Centos) based distribution that is aimed at being a soho firewall / SBS replacement.

Des Quinn
Previous Topic: AutoUpdate down to 6.0.10 from 6.1.0
Next Topic: Does the SPF check actually work?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:36:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.