Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » McAfee Anti Virus doesn't Update Anymore
  •  
durrence71

Send a private message to this user
I upgraded to mailserver 6.1.0 and everything has been running fine. About 10 days ago, the mcafee anti-virus has quit updating, even if I manually try to do it by clicking the update now button in the admin console. It sees there is a newer version and starts to download it. It gets to 99 or 100% (it flashes really quick) and then says update failure see error logs. Here is what is in the error logs:

[23/Aug/2005 08:23:46] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/dat-4564.zip from nai-update.kerio.com

I have manually gone thru a web browser to the URL and downloaded the file, so I know it is not a firewall or download issue.

Right now I'm stuck at virus def. of 4557 and scanning engine 4.4.00.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John
  •  
neilwr

That would be a error on Mcafee side not kerio MS i think. I had it in my copy as well but it has been updating after this eror was received.

[18/Aug/2005 11:25:19] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update2.ini from nai-update.kerio.com

But has been updating fine.
  •  
neilwr

The update.ini file on Mcafee site is either broken or not there.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

neilwr wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 11:18

[18/Aug/2005 11:25:19] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update2.ini from nai-update.kerio.com

This message means that KMS wasn't able to download informations about McAfee version from update server. This sometimes happen when servers are overloaded.If it's not very often you don't need worry about it.

Quote:

[23/Aug/2005 08:23:46] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/dat-4564.zip from nai-update.kerio.com

I have manually gone thru a web browser to the URL and downloaded the file, so I know it is not a firewall or download issue.

Right now I'm stuck at virus def. of 4557 and scanning engine 4.4.00.

This message means KMS wants to download new DAT file and an error occured. Maybe your files in mcafee directory are messed up. You can try to delete file update.ver in mcafee directory, then try to update McAfee in admin console. It should start downloading latest DAT file.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
durrence71

I got it fixed this morning. Upon stopping and restarting the Mcafee anti-virus, I found it wouldn't restart. I have a Symantec client on the machine and it kept picking up and deleting the EICAR test pattern. I uninstalled the Symantec client and it is working fine again now.

Not sure how that affect the download/update process from working, but it fixed it.

Thanks,

John

Thanks,

John
Previous Topic: My Experience with KMS 6.1
Next Topic: PGP and KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:07:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.