Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC incorrect To addresses in received emails
  •  
mike-p

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am using outlook 2003 sp2 on XP pro machine.
About half of the emails I receive has bogus To addresses in them. In other words I open the email and it says the mail is To someone else or a group of other people. It is really for me and when I look at my mail from webmail all is correct.

Any idea what this is? gretting ready to setup the rest of my company but this is too wierd to let me continue.

Thanks
Mike
RSR group, Inc.
  •  
mike-p

Well I went down to KOC 6.0.10 and the problem went away.

Guess I'll put in a bug report.

Mike
  •  
tedxas

How do you rollback KOC enterprise-wide? Is it possible without having to touch each and every machine manually?

Also, is it possible to rollback just certain machines without KMS attempting to automatically update them?

Thanks,

Ted
  •  
sedell

tedxas wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 09:38

How do you rollback KOC enterprise-wide? Is it possible without having to touch each and every machine manually?

This isn't possible. It's on my wishlist, since KOC upgrades are a particularly frightening prospect lately.

tedxas wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 09:38

Also, is it possible to rollback just certain machines without KMS attempting to automatically update them?

This one isn't so bad. To prevent clients from auto-upgrading again, go to your MailServer\webmail\download directory, and remove the update files for any version higher than what you are installing.

HTH

Scott
  •  
desquinn

just a shot in the dark.....

could you do a enterprise wide change of the registry entry for the KOC version number, swap the upgrade files for the KOC version that you want to up(down)grade to......

then they may change automatically......

just a thought

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

I tried this kind of solution & it always ends up with a loop.

You can rename the file in the webmail\download directory and fool the KOC into upgrading but the problem is that the embedded version details do not change & the consequence is that the KOC upgrades (re-install's) every time you run outlook.

I hope Kerio will produce a way to do this as it would be really handy..!
  •  
desquinn

so can you not do it for a period of time and then either

delete the files
regedit/regini to change the update port
regedit/regini to change the version number

not clean but easier on the shoe leather

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

Yes you can do it and then just delete the phoney named update file.

No registry changes needed.

Basically make a copy of the older KOC autoinstall file with a newer name.

If the KOC didn't give users the "please close outlook for autoupdate" message then you could put up with it installing every time.

Also if you could see the version numbers in 'active connections' as i have requested you would know when to stop the downgrade.

- So yes it is possible but messy -
Previous Topic: Slow Delivery w/ OS X server
Next Topic: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user<_at_>anymail.com
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:20:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00516 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.