Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple domains and POP3 retrieval
  •  
dajomas

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have a configuration "challenge" and so far, I have been unable to find a solution for it (or I am not looking hard enough).

Here is my situation:

I have 2 domains: abc.com and xyz.net

Email for abc.com is retrieved per user via POP3. I have 1 remote pop3 address per user and a catchall address. Each pop3 box is retrieved by Kerio Mailserver and the messages are delivered to a fixed address.

Email for xyz.net is retrieved via a a single catchall address. Now I want to distibute the messages to users configured in Kerio and everything that can not be matched with a Kerio user needs to go to a catchall Kerio address.

Now here comes the "challenge": The person administring the xyz.net Kerio users has no rights to create POP3 sorting rules so what I would like is for Kerio to find out by itself what user to send the mail to in the xyz.net domain and if there is no such user, to deliver the mail to the catchall<_at_>xyz.net user.

Thus, my question is: "Can this be done?"

Thanks in advance

Regards,
D.
  •  
dajomas

Here are some ideas that I came up with on how to handle stuff like this:

* When adding a user, have a checkbox to create the pop3 sorting rule automatically or enter a sorting rule. (1 step process in stead of 2 step process)
* Command line administration or scripts. This way I can create my own administration web interface.

And from another approach:
* Autodistribution to user in a specific domain. When retrieving POP3 mail, let all the messages be automatically distributed. If a user doesn't exist, give the option to discard the mail or send it to a catchall address.

Just my 2cts.

Regards
D.

--

Disclaimer:

All bits and bytes contained within this message have been recycled and are not tested on animals
  •  
dajomas

In addition to regular users, the whole story goes equally for groups and (I assume) for aliasses.

I created 2 users, added sorting rules for POP3 retrieval and that worked fine.
I also created a catchall user in case an invalid email address was used.

Now I created a group containing both users via the web admin interface.

When I send a mail to that group, it ends up in the INBOX of the catchall address. So I would have to create a new sorting rule for that group. And I can only do that when I can access the management tool for that server which might not be possible for a few days.

This is not very handy and I would like to know if there is a workaround for it. (And creating inbox rules for the catchall mailbox is not really an option)

Regards
D.

--

Disclaimer:

All bits and bytes contained within this message have been recycled and are not tested on animals
  •  
dajomas

After playing around a bit, I think it boils down to the following:

* When using sorting rules per user, I can use the * -> catchall<_at_>xyz.com for undeliverable messages but I have to create a rule per user
* When using the sorting rule *<_at_>xyz.com -> *<_at_>xyz.com I don't have to create any other rules but undeliverable messages are bounced to the sender with a system generated message telling the sender the recipient address does not exist.

What I want is the possibility to use sorting rule *<_at_>xyz.com -> *<_at_>xyz.com and when the message is undeliverable to forward the message to a catchall user.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
D.

--

Disclaimer:

•  
-nob-

Thats what i am looking for, to reply a Message if the Adress did not exist.

thx
Previous Topic: problems receiving mail
Next Topic: new PHP error in logs?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:03:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.