Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Sharing internet between two NICs
  •  
smudge

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Winroute is quite an advanced piece of software. A friend put me onto it when discussing a network problem I have. I have an unusual setup and to save a long explanation it is better to say what I have as the only way I can do this.

PC1 (computer 1) has a USB2 antenna for a wireless internet connection. PC2 cannot access the wireless network at all. I connect PC1 and PC2 together with through ethernet and have to setup internet on PC2.

I am hoping I can do this with Kerio Winroute as I cannot use M$ internet connection sharing due to the default IP address for sharing be already assigned to the USB.

Can I access the internet if Kerio is installed on PC1?
  •  
winkelman

Which computer has the actual Internet-connection (for now forgetting about sharing the connection for a moment)?
  •  
smudge

PC1 has the internet connection. It receives it's internet thru a D-Link USB antenna receiving from a wireless router that issues an IP by DHCP.

It is an unusual situation as the internet is in a rural setting and range is a problem. This is the actual setup:

WWW -> Wireless Broadcast Tower in local town -> My ISP Reception Antenna at the highest point on my lot.

Reception antenna is 200' from office and computers 1+2 and range is obscured with trees and walls. The reception antenna is fitted with a D-Link wireless router and broadcasts around my lot to whatever can receive it. PCs 1+2 cannot because of range and obscure view.

I am connected to the internet on PC1 by using a D-Link USB antenna with a boosted extension placing the antenna on top of the house in range and sight of the Router located at the highest point on my lot. Confused? Right, so am I.

Anyway PC1 works well and PC2 is disconnected. It is impractical to drag another extended antenna to the roof of the house. PC1 is connected via USB so the ethernet is free. I am hoping to connect them both using the NICs.
  •  
winkelman

If this USB antanna connected to PC1 makes itself availbe to Windows as 'just another network adapter', then yes, KWF should be able to route from PC2 to/from the Internet.

Then again: if this was the case, Internet Connection Sharing should also work.
Previous Topic: how to use winroute as a router for win2k professional..?
Next Topic: 6.0.11 HAS PROBLEM HANDLING FTP Multi-connection !??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:40:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00377 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.