Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » UPnP supported In Winroute Firewall but MSN 6.1 doesn't detect it?
  •  
Speed666

Send a private message to this user
How it is possible. You're writing that Kerio Winroute Firewall supports UPnP (only Messenger uses this), but it isn't working.
Could you explain this?
  •  
tarmino

Hi,
As you, I try to use winroute firewall 5 with the uPnP option.
I got Dx9b.
But while trying to use messenger conversation, the connection is
being established but never gets established. I wonder why. I thought
KWF enabled such voice conferences.
Did you solve this problem on your system ?
I searched a lot on the web for explanations, but never found
anything
Could you help us ?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 06:05]

•  
Speed666

In MSN 6.1 If I go in menu tools/options/connections at the bottom it says: Connected to internet through a non-UPnP symectric NAT, even If I turn UPnP on in Kerio Administrator. I use latest version 5.1.9. Till now I didn't find any sollution. Kerio is playing with us. Only MSN Messenger uses UPnP and company says that Kerio is UPnP enabled, but it doesn't. Something like in the advertisnement: "We've got it, but it doesn't work" :)
  •  
Mahmoud

uPnP in MSN works for me. Just make sure to sign out and then sign in again to MSN after you enable uPnP in Kerio.

However, the uPnP support in Winroute is limited but it makes voice conversation works. I hope they could fully support upnp.
  •  
ewieldra

It's correct it doesn't function correctly .. see the following url from the knowledgebase from kerio

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=57&nav2=Kerio%20WinRoute%20Firewal l

Emiel Wieldraaijer

[Updated on: Tue, 03 February 2004 21:42]

Thnx and Greetings...

Emiel Wieldraaijer
The Netherlands
  •  
Mahmoud

ewieldra wrote on Tue, 03 February 2004 22:40

It's correct it doesn't function correctly .. see the following url from the knowledgebase from kerio

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=57&nav2=Kerio%20WinRoute%20Firewal l

Emiel Wieldraaijer

But it works for me using MSN Messenger 6.1 (on Windows 2003)
I enable upnp only for a group of users who must authenication through the web (4081) before upnp is enabled for them and the messengers shows that it is connected through an uPnP firewall and sometimes IP Strict uPnP firewall.
  •  
Speed666

So how to set this up? Help Me...
  •  
Speed666

Mahmud please, answer.
  •  
Mahmoud

I enabled the uPnP and added a rule to allow uPnP only for certain users (as in the Kerio Winroute Firewall PDF).

On the workstation, I login to the web-based winroute before logging in to MSN so I can enable uPnP for this workstation.

It shows that I am logged through a uPnP in MSN>tools>Connection... and sometimes shows IP restricted uPnP.

However, when I tried voice with partners using Windows 98 it did not work but worked with Windows XP.
Previous Topic: Where i can download the old version of the KWF 5.08 ?
Next Topic: Setting up a DMZ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:57:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.