Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » UTF-16 Outlook 2000/2003
  •  
mac25

Send a private message to this user
My users have recently started getting problems when replying to some messages, when they click on the reply button the follow text is display and the email is not saved in the sent items and is not sent.

䐼噉☾扮灳㰻䐯噉㰾剂㰾䥄⁖慬杮攽⵮獵挠慬獳伽瑵潬歯敍獳条䡥慥敤⁲污杩㵮氢晥≴䐠剉∽呌≒‾䠼⁒慴楢摮硥∽ㄭ㸢㰠但呎䘠捡㵥吢• 楓敺∽∲‾䈼䘾⼼㹂䬠嬠㰠剂‾䈼匾⼼㹂㌠䈼㹒㰠㹂㱔䈯‾㱭剂‾䈼䌾⼼㹂吠䈼㹒㰠㹂㱓䈯‾㱔剂‾†⼼但呎㰾剂㰾䐯噉㰾䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖

I have tracked it down to the following code in the header:

<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3DUTF-16">

but how do I get outlook to support this?
  •  
sedell

mac25 wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 11:00

<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3DUTF-16">

That's most likely the problem. That line isn't encoded properly. It should look like:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-16">

I agree that it shouldn't cause Outlook to bomb, but it's likely causing Outlook not to interpret it properly. It should be encoded right on the other end.

Scott
  •  
KCAP

Yes we have the same problem,
only if we reply to some people (and always the same),
If you change your outlook settings a bit it is workable but still not fine,
we changed the email editor from word to outlook and the format from html to rtf (?/plain), now you only get 3-lines of 'Chinese' and then the normal email,

But maybe Kerio can fix this?????

Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
monstercheese

got similar problem than you since start of KMS 6, but it's append less, don't know why, just hope that partial bug solving.
  •  
winkelman

Yes, I've also noticed the strange "3D" insertions...
  •  
mac25

I have spoken to the support team who I have stated that the issue is resolved under 6.1.
  •  
winkelman

I am sure I've seen the strange '3D' insertions in the charset line under KMS 6.1.0... so I'm not sure what they mean by "solved in 6.1". It is not casuing a whole lot of trouble, it happens sporadically, but it does happen.
  •  
frussell

I have been actively trying to get an answer for the "chinese character" bug since May.

The early response was:

----------------------------------------
We have a filed bug for the Chinese character issue, bug 8406. The
development team is still actively working on this bug.

Best regards,
Jeff Wadlow
----------------------------------------

I have sent samples of the source emails to support and have been assured the developers are working on the problem, but still no fix.

The issue has meant I have had to move users off KOC to imap (with loss of access to public contacts etc) because it is causing serious disruption to communication.

Frances
Previous Topic: Web Mail Spell Check
Next Topic: Restricting use from Internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:12:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.