Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Select 'FROM-domain' when sending mail from webinterface
  •  
mauce

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I came across an issue I couldn't find any information about.

This is concerning the webinterface.

In case of more than one domain, e.g. user A exists in DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2 of wich DOMAIN1 is de primary one. So USER_A<_at_>DOMAIN1.COM and USER_A<_at_>DOMAIN2.COM.
When user A logs in the webinterface it uses DOMAIN1 by default
Is it possible for user A to send an email FROM DOMAIN2 through the webinterface by defining a 'send from (domain)'-option or something like that?

Otherwise you have to logout/login to switch between the domains

In case I missed an option/setting feel free to slap me in the face :)

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2005 13:15]

•  
sedell

If I'm not mistaken, any additional domains beyond the default domain require a user to log in with the <_at_>domain.com as part of the username.

Scott
  •  
peterj

If you use different IP addresses to access the webmail you can associate the domains with ip addys'. That way you could avoid specifying the domain in the logon dialog.

In answer to the original question you may be able to create an additional reply address in the webmail settings in both logins of the other domain and then drop this down in the list.

Let me know if this is possible..>!
  •  
mauce

I don't see a possibility to configure several reply-to and default send-from adresses. I think only one can be configured.

Besides that, it still leaves it up to the user to change these addresses all the time manually.

I prefer the webinterface determines itself what sent-from and reply-to address to use in case of a reply or forward.
It should be able to determine this from the sent-to address from the initial received email.

I hope this clearifies.
  •  
peterj

I understand what you are after now & this can be achieved using Outlook with multiple accounts.

I think that because you can only login to a single specific mailbox in webmail that this is not possible.

Use Outlook or you will have to login & out as different users...
  •  
mauce

Thanks for your reply.
I knew about that option but in my first post I mentioned that I like to have this functionality from the webmail-interface.
It takes a lot of time to login/logout all the time.
  •  
peterj

yes and as I said...
Quote:

this is not possible
Previous Topic: Webmail message shows up as garbage?
Next Topic: Default from address field webmail bug 6.1.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:46:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.